PDA

View Full Version : Say a pray for freddie

coconut
31st August 2007, 09:58 AM
He is in the vets getting neutered. i swear i had tears in my eyes leaving him there he was shaking my poor lil baby!

I swear baxter knew what i was doing as he would not let me put freddies puppia on him, he kept lying across him bless it was so cute!!

So they are going to ring me when he is over the op!! My poor poor baby, he is going to be so pampered to night :flwr:

Cathryn
31st August 2007, 10:03 AM
Aw! It is tough leaving them at the vets for an op I know!! I'm sure he will forgive you once you start spoiling him rotten tonight when you get him home! :lotsaluv:

coconut
31st August 2007, 10:07 AM
i hope so cathryn i feel so bad now! my stomach is in bits!

Cleo's Person
31st August 2007, 11:12 AM
It is a horrible feeling when you leave them at the vets isn't it? I'm sure Freddie will be fine and he'll lap up the attention when you get him home and he's back on his feet.

coconut
31st August 2007, 12:29 PM
Is there anything i can do when her gets home to make him feel more comfortable, what do i feed him? can i give him treats?

Claire L
31st August 2007, 01:03 PM
Hiya Coconut,
try not to worry too much :hug: (easier said than done I know) I'm sure Freddie will be fine.

coconut
31st August 2007, 02:44 PM
Do u think i would be over reacting if i rang to see how freddie got on? Asked them to call me but have not heard a thing!

Scouty girl
31st August 2007, 02:47 PM
Oh poor little Freddie. I will be thinking of you today

Claire L
31st August 2007, 02:53 PM
Do u think i would be over reacting if i rang to see how freddie got on? Asked them to call me but have not heard a thing!

Absolutely not! If it puts your mind at ease then go for it - I know I would!!

WoodHaven
31st August 2007, 02:56 PM

If it puts your heart at ease-- call them. If they aren't done yet, ask them to call you asap afterwards.

coconut
31st August 2007, 02:59 PM
i rang everything went well, i can collect my lil baby between 4-4.30 i cannot wait to leggit out of here at 3.58 so i can go and get my baby :mexwav:

WoodHaven
31st August 2007, 03:11 PM
Great news!! Aren't you glad you called.

jcj528
31st August 2007, 03:22 PM
Saying a prayer for healing for Freddie AND peace of mind for you! This is hard, I know. I cried when I dropped Zack off for the same thing a little over 5 years ago. He was fine. Freddie will be fine, too. However, if it makes you feel any better at all, call the vet. Believe me, I did. I found that they are very used to nervous mothers and deal with us very well.

coconut
31st August 2007, 03:23 PM
So glad i called my mind is at rest now!

Cathryn
31st August 2007, 03:26 PM
So glad i called my mind is at rest now!

Good! And you only have 35 more minutes to go before he is back in your arms again too!! Tick, Tock......;) :flwr:

coconut
31st August 2007, 05:38 PM
right i have him home pooor baby!! he is shaking so mch is that normal???

WoodHaven
31st August 2007, 05:42 PM
I'd call the vet-- but I think certain anesthesia can do this. Did he get anything for the pain?

coconut
31st August 2007, 05:47 PM
no he got nothing for the pain!! Shakes are not to mad now, it comes and go!

Karlin
31st August 2007, 06:30 PM
They almost certainly gave him an injection or similar for the pain before they released him. My vets have never given me anything further for after a neuter but the painkillers post-op are itemised on the invoice.

Glad he's home. Usually they don't want you to feed much. The anaesthesia can make them nauseous and better not to have a full stomach. He'll be himself in the morning again. :) Probably very sleepy all today and evening.

merlinsmum
31st August 2007, 11:47 PM
Hope your baby is okay in the morning after a good nights sleep. :paw:

Cathy Moon
31st August 2007, 11:57 PM
So glad he's home now! Give him a little cuddle and kiss from us.:flwr::flwr::flwr:

Cathryn
1st September 2007, 12:01 AM
This can sometimes be a reaction to the anaesthetic, he would have been given a longlasting shot of painkiller before he was sent home, he could also maybe be in mild shock, am sure he will be fine after a good nights sleep! If you are at all worried then get on the phone to your vets again :blabla: :flwr: :lotsaluv:

Chelle & Rex
1st September 2007, 12:17 AM
Poor Freddie - Hope he's feeling better now, heres a cuddle from Rex for him :hug:

coconut
1st September 2007, 08:06 AM
I had to come to work for a while this morning so i have my ma watching over freddie, both of us got very lil sleep last night as he was very restless and he yelped a couple of times, (could he still be in alot of pain) he finally sleep the night though at the bottom of my bed at 4 this morning poor baby! Do u think i should ring the vet and see if this is normal or could some of ye advise me?

coconut
1st September 2007, 09:40 AM
Rang the vets and they said that the yelping and shaking is not normal and that they wanna see him today to check him over my poor baby! i hate seeing him like this!

merlinsmum
1st September 2007, 11:50 AM
How is your baby now? Did the vets find the source of his discomfort?

Karlin
1st September 2007, 11:54 AM
I spoke to Coconut and Freddie will be arriving at the vets just about now. So fingers crossed he is OK.

Caraline
1st September 2007, 01:34 PM
:xfngr: I hope all is well with Freddie.

coconut
1st September 2007, 02:20 PM
freddie got another injection she is not sure what was wrong but that she is on call and that i can call her at anytime he has really picked up now, all the discomfort is gone so fingers crossed he is ok now!!

cavlover
1st September 2007, 03:01 PM
Poor Freddie I hope the shot took all his pain away and a quick recovery keep us all informed.:xfngr:
judy

coconut
1st September 2007, 09:05 PM
well fred is loving the attention, he is lying on me while i am typing, other half is gone on a stag so fred gets to sleep with me again tonight!!!

jld
1st September 2007, 09:44 PM
So glad all is back to normal for you and Freddie....

Caraline
2nd September 2007, 02:52 AM
Awwww :luv: Sounds like the worst of it is over. Thank goodness. It is really horrible when you know they are in pain or even just discomfort. Big hugs & yummy dinners!

coconut
4th September 2007, 12:09 PM
Freddie was back at the vets today, to check on his stitches and he is doing brill! has to go bac next week and get the stitches out so he is being a very good boy!!!

Baxter is next have to figure out when i can get it done as all my saturdays are booked and i wanna be able to mind him as well!