• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How they get what they want-or try to

Barbara Nixon

Teddy associates crate with food, so if there's any going, or he thinks there is, he rushes into his crate and looks hopeful.

Joly has perfected the sit up and look cute technique, but took it a step further today. Paul was working on his pc here (long story) and wanted the two little pests outside, while he handled the parts, but they had other ideas and took turns at scratching the back door, because they knew I was cooking some bacon, cheese and oatcakes (a Staffordshire speciality). Eventually, Teddy gave up, but Joly did a sit up and stayed there for about 5 minutes.

However, when the pc was put away and they were let in, it was Monty who won. He spied his chance as Paul sat down with one oatcake in his hand (they are eaten rolled up) and the other on his plate, keeping an eye on the twosome. Monty was very quick and so Paul only got to eat one oatcake....He's obviously still got all his wits, even if he is nearly 12.

Holly is of the "move quick as lightning" school of philosophy. The little squirt jumps up, grabs, goes, and eats the loot so quickly can't even catch her!

Willow, on the other hand, is the sweet and patient type. She sits there, like a dutiful, obedient little girl. She knows who to spend her energy on, though; DH looks into those soleful eyes and gives in each time.

At least Cedar is happy to only take what's offered, generally. If she is especially interested in something DH has, she'll sit next to Willow. She doesn't have the same "dont you love me?" expressoin, though; she just drools all over.

Dylan does the crate thing like Teddy too. After I brush his teeth he runs there too as I usually give him a lick of toothpaste for a treat before he's locked in there for the night.

Barbara i love oatcakes, Half of my family live in Stoke on Trent when they to visit they always bring loads with them :)

Back