PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: URGENT! young M needs foster/Kildare/Dublin

Karlin
31st August 2007, 11:03 PM
This dog is coming in to me tomorrow (Sat), taken out of a situation where he has been mistreated. I just need a place he can go for up to a few days in the general region (Dublin, Kildare or within a reasonable drive), and I should have him homed, as I have a couple of possible homes waiting. Someone off board has been trying to get this boy for a while and this is very urgent.

He is coming from Kildare, but close to Dublin.

Cathryn
31st August 2007, 11:07 PM
:xfngr: for a positive result with this one Karlin!

merlinsmum
31st August 2007, 11:09 PM
:xfngr: our paws are crossed too for a good result:paw:

Aileen
31st August 2007, 11:27 PM
Keeping everthing crossed for this one
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Karlin
1st September 2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks, I am about 99% sure she will get him in the morning. :thmbsup:

The issue is really not whether he goes to rescue as I think this is sorted, but what I am going to do with him when I have to go get hom in the morning. I need to stress again that I *have no where to put this dog* except to put him in an xpen while I ring around for a kennel, then pay to kennel him.

I have so few fosters that I really can no longer make many commitments to help dogs unless I can raise the funds to kennel them. Tara was an important back up for me but she now boards dogs and is usually packed and unable to manage fosters, and I'm back to a situation I was in earlier this year, badly needing fosters in the Dublin area. The same people have done 95% of my fostering and now have multiple dog households that make this more awkward for them, plus I'd really like to give them a break from constant fostering.

So this is an appeal for fosters to enable Cavalier Rescue to operate. And for someone who might take this little guy til I get him sorted out. He is young and probably not yet neutered.

chubbs
1st September 2007, 07:55 AM
I would like to make a donation to help with kennel costs,you might let me know the best or easiest way to do it.

Karlin
1st September 2007, 09:57 AM
OK he is safe but I have nowhere for him to go... :( . Trying to get something sorted. This boy is just an older puppy, if someone can hold him even just for the day or overnight.

sallymum
1st September 2007, 10:01 AM
Sorry Karlin, wont be able to help this time.

Claire L
1st September 2007, 10:12 AM
Sorry, this is bad timing for me too as I have guests staying (young kids)
Hope someone can take him for you.

Karlin
1st September 2007, 10:32 AM
Getting sorted. Has a home, am working on transport for later today and have some possible arrangements.

Claire L
1st September 2007, 10:40 AM
Oh that's good news! can we help with transport? have a few hours free.

Karlin
1st September 2007, 10:43 AM
I think I can transport, am waiting on final details before I make arrangments.

Claire L
1st September 2007, 10:46 AM
Great stuff :xfngr: everything works out. Will PM you my number in case you get stuck.

Karlin
1st September 2007, 11:25 AM
Have it in my phone. :thmbsup:

I am just so angry, this is a 7 month old puppy that has been *abused* -- kicked because it snapped when the owner deliberately pulled his tail. Then harangued for an hour and kicked when he reacted. That is only ONE story and I am sure there were more we will never know.

I recently found out a vet check of a dog I homed a short time ago has scarring and loss of a lung because it too had been kicked.

What is wrong with people? :mad:

The idea just makes me sick.

Claire L
1st September 2007, 12:05 PM
I am just so angry, this is a 7 month old puppy that has been *abused* -- kicked because it snapped when the owner deliberately pulled his tail. Then harangued for an hour and kicked when he reacted. That is only ONE story and I am sure there were more we will never know.

I recently found out a vet check of a dog I homed a short time ago has scarring and loss of a lung because it too had been kicked.

What is wrong with people?

Oh dear God, how could ANYONE kick a poor defenseless little puppy AND WORSE a rescue dog :cry*ing:

My guests (kids) are going to a Birthday Party so will be gone for a few hours. I wouldn't keep a puppy in the house over night with kids here ; too afraid the pup would be overwhelmed and Minnie is only learning to NOT be afraid of kids.

Please please please, if we can colect/ deliver this puppy anywhere for you ,just holler.

misty
1st September 2007, 01:08 PM
:( :( arghhhh, poor little pup - this makes me so angry. Even more so at such a formative time in a dog's life :(.

Karlin, have you thought about doing an online auction on CT? Board members could donate items which we then bid on. I know postgage could be expensive cos of the worldwide nature of the forum, but maybe it could work?

Good luck to the little boy anyway :)

Karlin
1st September 2007, 05:00 PM
Collected and delivered to Coconut, who is holding him til Mimi drives up to get him. She's always wanted a ruby. :)

He is a gorgeous fellow, really beautiful deep red with an impish face. Beautiul coat. Ready for his snips too! :lol: Very friendly and not the least worried by people or dogs.

Coconut's house will be busy for a while today now with four cavaliers.

Aileen
1st September 2007, 06:12 PM
Have it in my phone. :thmbsup:

What is wrong with people? :mad:

How could anyone do that to a baby
It makes me feel so sad :(
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

coconut
1st September 2007, 06:24 PM
charlie has taken a serious liking to my ruby boy baxter!!! :-)

Karlin
1st September 2007, 06:36 PM
He was taking a serious liking to Molly too. :lol: Can you get a couple of pics? I forgot to get some for my rescue records.

coconut
1st September 2007, 06:39 PM
yeah i will take some now and i can get mark to upload them tomorrow!!

Cathryn
1st September 2007, 06:46 PM
Glad to hear he is settling in well, can't believe he has been mistreated in this way the poor little chap :lotsaluv: looking forwards to seeing some :snap:of this little guy, he sounds like so much fun, Mimi is a very lucky girl by the sounds of it!!
Well Done all of you! :cl*p:

pinkpuppy
1st September 2007, 07:33 PM
Sorry ppl! I just get so angry when small defenseless animals let alone a baby pup be so poorly treated. My persian was the same way he was very afraid of my BIL. I found out from the children in the house that he kicked my kitten across the livingroom like a football. He suffered a broken rib, but it was his fear that changed him from loveable to frighten kitty the rest of his days. He would always jump in my purse to hide hoping I take him to work with me.

Okay I got off topic for a moment.

Yay! Glad this little guy is in safe hands! Pics would be delightful! :)

coconut
1st September 2007, 09:03 PM
Mimi is just after leaving with charlie!! by the time he was leaving he had quiten down i had baxter outside to give him a break!!! He eat a big bowl of food for me and wanted more, he even fell asleep on my knee i have pics will post them tomorrow!!

All that lil boy needs is some TLC still cannot believe that someone could do that to a puppy:swear: :x :x i am a lady (sometimes) so i cannot say what i would really really like to do to them!!!

Karlin
1st September 2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah I think he had more positive (over) excitement today and met more people and dogs than so far in his life. At Coconut's she had her three and I had Jaspar so there were cavaliers everywhere and lots of her family around. Now he is going to live with two cavaliers so he will have lots of friends.

sallymum
1st September 2007, 09:37 PM
Well done everyone for helping him out of the situation this baby was in. Well done Mimi for giving him a loving home,:flwr:

merlinsmum
1st September 2007, 09:40 PM
Here here!!!!:rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah:

Cathryn
1st September 2007, 09:58 PM
:w**h**: Another happy ending!! Way to go girls!! :cl*p:

*Pauline*
1st September 2007, 10:37 PM
Can't wait to see pictures.:rah:

Mimi
2nd September 2007, 12:11 AM
Hi Everyone , Ruagh (we think) has arrived , He is sooo cute , he has had a little walk and met the girls and I have put him to bed , we decided to let him sleep in the utility room tonight where the girls normally sleep and the girls will sleep in the conservatory . He is in bed about 20 minutes and has only stopped barking now , I hope he settles down for the night he has had a really big day today . He wouldnt eat anything for me except puppy markies , he certainly liked those . He is snuggled in with a new blanket and a cosy bed so I hope he will sleep well . I will look to everyone here to help with lots of advice on integrating him into our home . He is already booked in for neutering on monday , and a full check up . He has just started barking again.
The camera is charged and will be worked overtime tomorrow .
Thank you so much Karlin and Coconut , for rescuing this little man from a bad situation . He is so loving , his tail hasnt stopped wagging since he got here . He is still barking am I a terrible mummy letting him bark , i am working on the theory , that all his needs are looked after , the room is puppy proofed and he is safe so doesnt need me running in every 5 minutes .
Please tell me if I am correct .

Mimi

Karlin
2nd September 2007, 12:17 AM
Great to know he has arrived! :)

Yes, let him bark, because if you respond, he will find he is rewarded for this unwanted behaviour. He did the same when I had him in a crate in the car and he stopped after a while, but it took him a good while, amd he'd try a few more bark now and then. It might be worth putting a radio on low in there with him, on Lyric FM for some calming music; he will also feel a bit happier when he knows he gets to stay inside and no one is going to leave him locked out in a garage night and day.

I'll give you a ring tomorrow but expect him to have some separation anxiety etc. He will soon feel secure though.

A stuffed kong that has been frozen to last longer might help distract him at bedtime too -- stuffing it with a bit of kibble and banana is a good lowcal challenge for him.

See how he does though. You might need earplugs initially but he should settle before long especially once he is with the other dogs and has some company.

Aileen
2nd September 2007, 08:50 AM
How is he this morning? hope you got some sleep
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam?)

*Pauline*
2nd September 2007, 10:13 AM
Yay, photos today :wggle: Hope you got some sleep. Hard to ignore them isn't it but you are doing the right thing. Like the banana in Kong idea, haven't tried that before.

Karlin
2nd September 2007, 10:30 AM
Last PM I had said he'd finally quietened down at 12:30am so we'll see what happened next... :)

coconut
2nd September 2007, 10:37 AM
bless him all he wants is a bit of TLC he is a really cutie

Karlin
2nd September 2007, 11:15 AM
Well I hear he was a bit of a challenge as many rescues are in their first nights in a new home -- he's out getting a walk now. :)

*Pauline*
2nd September 2007, 11:18 AM
Maybe he would sleep better with the girls after he is neutered.

Karlin
2nd September 2007, 11:20 AM
I mentioned that and gave Mimi some links too. He will be a lot calmer after his snips next week, too! Right now he is a bit over amorous. :cool:

*Pauline*
2nd September 2007, 11:25 AM
icon_whistling Can't blame the guy for trying!

Cathryn
2nd September 2007, 11:35 AM
icon_whistling Can't blame the guy for trying!

:rotfl: you took the words out of my mouth!! :xctly:

Claire L
2nd September 2007, 12:19 PM
:D What a wonderful happy ending for Ruagh. cl*p Well done everyone for getting this little guy to safety. May the good Lord bestow great blessings upon you all :mexwav:

Karlin
2nd September 2007, 12:35 PM
Well, he was trying with all the boys, too. :lol: Jaspar gave him a piece of his mind as a result. :rolleyes:

misty
2nd September 2007, 02:05 PM
Well, he was trying with all the boys, too. :lol: Jaspar gave him a piece of his mind as a result. :rolleyes:

That's it Jaspar, you tell him ;) ;)

Mimi
2nd September 2007, 02:20 PM
Well , we all had a sleepless night last night , I did take the advice and ignore the barking , It took a while to settle the girls as they were out of their normal bedroom . I'm on the way to buy a crate now . We had a long walk I'm just back and even though I'm exhausted he's still raring to go . i need to get a little sleep now and bring him for another long walk this evening . Keep the advice coming .
Mimi

casshon
3rd September 2007, 08:31 AM
Only catching up with this thread now. I'm so glad Ruagh found a lovely new home :flwr:. In relation to the barking, you could try Dr. Petals Elixir (http://www.dogtrainingireland.ie/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=10). Molly had quite bad seperation anxiety when we got her and this really helped.

Mimi
3rd September 2007, 08:34 AM
Breakthrough , we had a long sleep last night , almost 8 hours Yippee . He was delighted to see me this morning . Well gotta go have 3 dogs and 3 cats to look after before I go to work .
Mimi

Karlin
3rd September 2007, 10:39 AM
Yay!!

:jump:

That's great news. Sounds like he is getting more comfortable. How did you leave him last night, in crate or out? With dogs or alone? Interested to know what seemed to work this time.

coconut
3rd September 2007, 10:42 AM
delighted that you got a nice nights sleep and i know all about trying to sort all before i head to work!

Nick
3rd September 2007, 03:19 PM
I'm just catching up on this thread now, and am delighted that another poor cavie has found a good home. Well done to all.:rah:

Nick

Cathy T
3rd September 2007, 04:28 PM
So glad things settled down for all of you last night!!

Baldyboy
3rd September 2007, 09:25 PM
I mentioned that and gave Mimi some links too. He will be a lot calmer after his snips next week, too! Right now he is a bit over amorous. :cool:

LOL, Baldrick has been snipped but still "enjoys" himself with his bed and a toy horse! Luckily peoples legs don't seem to interest him.

coconut
3rd September 2007, 09:27 PM
well how did he get on at tge vets today?

Mimi
3rd September 2007, 10:02 PM
Vets had an emergency so we are rescheduled to wednesday . Ruagh had 3 walks today , 1 with Dad , 1 when I came home from work and one just now with my Aunt and Heidi and Nifa. He slept in his crate last night , and apart from the first few minutes settled down and stopped barking .
Thanks to everyone for their support , will have lots more questions over the coming weeks and months . My first one is what to do to make him cosy after neutering .
Mimi

Cleo's Person
4th September 2007, 09:30 AM
Just catchiong up on this thread now. Well done to all of you who helped out. Looking forward to seeing all the photos when they're posted! (hint hint)