• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My cats

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I was taking lots of pics the other day and here are some of my cats. The only one missing is Pippa as she'd vanished off someplace in the house! :winkct: They are all indoor cats. :)

Quincy. He's the one who is crazy, and I do mean crazy, about dogs. When he was a kitten he was fostered in a house full of big dogs including a great Dane and nothing canine fazes him. He is happiest when all the dogs jump around on the bed to play then he leaps into the middle of them and lies on his side. He's an excellent cat for cat-training dogs as he is pretty fearless and they quickly give up thinking of chasing such a non-reactive cat. He lost one front leg in a traffic accident before I got him but he flies around the house and up and down the cat tree and onto windowsills. He's a jelly belly though!:
1297905366_ef4af933fe_m.jpg

Jessie. This is Pippa's sister; they are both calicos, which is my favourite colour of cat. She has a great personality; very impish and plays almost like a dog. She loves to be chased, whether by cats, dogs or me. She is 8 now and still playful! She's also quite small, just about 4 lbs. She's my favourite. She got out once when a workman left a ladder out back, a couple of months after I got her and Pippa, and disappeared for two weeks. I was sick with worry, went out looking for her every day and put up reward notices, and had about given up on her when a man a few streets away showed up at my door with this bag of dirty fur, thanks to her tags. Kids were throwing stones at her. :( She mostly slept and ate for a week, she was so depleted, and gradually was her old self:
1297038451_e327919498_m.jpg

Ambrose. He was the kitten from hell -- NOT an easy kitten -- abandoned in a box with his brother at 5 weeks and then got very ill with cat flu when I first got him but he pulled through. My girls also put some manners on him in absence of a mother, and he has grown into a big gorgeous semi-longhair that is so laid back. He has the loveliest plush soft black coat; I've never had another cat with anything like it. I just love the way he feels to hold. He's very affectionate, but very shy with other people, and has a very soft deep purr. He and Quincy LOVE kittens and are so gentle and safe with them -- when I've fostered kittens I always put one or the other of the boys in as babysitters (the girls aren't remotely interested in kittens!). He's having a good stretch here -- his favourite spot next to the microwave. He weighs as much as Lily:
1297902094_3b3144d411_m.jpg

Karlin they are lovely cats, love the on of Jessie she looks very mischevious in that photo!:D

lisa

What lovely cats!! I do like cats but having had a couple meet untimely deaths on the road as a child am somewhat reluctant to have another.

I love your Jessie, what wonderful colouring! My sister in the U.S has 2 cats who were found as stray kittens in the grounds of her works, Princess and Poppet, they too are calico's!!

My best friend had a delivery of hay last year and also a delivery of 2 very young black kittens between the bales!! She hand reared them, they are very like your Ambrose, Jo-Jo and Fluffy are their names and after their traumatic start in life they are extremely friendly cats indeed and totally fearless round her dogs!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful cats with you, maybe you will find Pippa and be able to post a pic of her too??

oh I'm afraid I just love QUincy best - he's such a character and the photos of him with the dogs always make me smile.

Jessie has beautiful colouring - and with her story I can see why she's so special.

Ambrose had a rough start but is a credit to you - what a stunning coat, he looks really handsome.

Thank you so much for posting these Karlin.

oh I'm afraid I just love QUincy best - he's such a character and the photos of him with the dogs always make me smile.

Jessie has beautiful colouring - and with her story I can see why she's so special.

Ambrose had a rough start but is a credit to you - what a stunning coat, he looks really handsome.

Thank you so much for posting these Karlin.

Beautiful photos, but I agree, Quincy is my favorite! I love seeing the pics of him and the dogs!:D

Quincy is always the most popular in the house with visitors -- he is a love sponge and a goofball so he is hard to resist. Here he is with Lily, who once wanted to have all the cats as snacks:

394220538_5d65dea35a.jpg

Here's another, with Jaspar, his very favourite dog in the whole world.

153316856_31ba4822b9.jpg

And another pic I love: Quincy, Jaspar and Ambrose all looking out the mail flap at something of interest :rolleyes: :

67254273_63f32d8c06.jpg

Finally, here's one of the missing cat, Pippa, at the bottom, with her sister Jessie. When I called a woman who does rescue looking for a pair of kittens or young cats, I was always secretly hoping for a calico but knew I'd never make a fuss about the colour and would love whatever was available. I couldn't believe it when she came over with this beautiful pair -- though at the time they were little scraggy things, very undersize and thin (she thought they were about 4-5 months old but they were well over 6 months as they had their adult teeth); with earmites and cat flu. They spent the first night curled up in an armchair and when I came down the stairs in the morning they both hissed at me. :lol:

9653493_dc10aae7c3.jpg

And another pic I love: Quincy, Jaspar and Ambrose all looking out the mail flap at something of interest :rolleyes: :

67254273_63f32d8c06.jpg

I love this pic!!

"Hurry up postie, we want our weird animal parts chews from Zooplus!" :rotfl:

Your Calico's are soo beautiful, and a credit to you after such a rough ride in life the first few months! :lotsaluv:

Karlin, I know I'm a little late and missed this post, but I just had to comment. All of your cats are gorgeous. Love them all. I always wanted an orange tabby, or calico. Maybe in the future.

I have to say that Ambrose is my favorite. I had a black cat, Shadow, for 18 years and he had to be PTS this past march. I miss him everyday. He had the shinest black coat semi-long, like velvet. He was my very first cat and I had no idea what I was doing, but he was very forgiving.

I do however, adore Quincy. I love the way he gets along with the dogs, perfect. My cat Alex would probably cuddle up to Scout, but she's still a little too rough for him at only 19 months. She's still at the 'leave Alex alone for the one millionth time' stage.

oh Pippa is really beautiful - and that is my favourite photo of Quincy, he's a little star.

Beautiful cats, l love Quincy I've got a soft spot for ginger cats, Ive got 6 but no gingers I'm afraid

Back