• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

rentable pets

Not quite as bad as the website i've seen offering "puppy party's " for kids . If your kids having a birthday etc they bring a selection of puppies for the kids to " play" with for a couple of hours

This has to have some sort of negative emotional impact on the dogs. I know with my lot - Molly especially, they don't like their schedule changing. So going to stay with different people every day must be upsetting.

I don't like this idea at all.

If people are desperate for doggy contact, why not go to the local shelter and help exercise the dogs?

Not quite as bad as the website i've seen offering "puppy party's " for kids . If your kids having a birthday etc they bring a selection of puppies for the kids to " play" with for a couple of hours

OMG!! I think that's an absolutely horrible idea!! Poor little puppies.

Rent a Pet. what a terrible idea. How can you have a dog living in your home with you for a month or so and give it back. Never. Talk about confusion.

I think its terrible, the poor dogs would be so confused, never having a forever home :(

I passed by Petland the other day and saw a big banner advertising the hosting of kids' birthday parties. What a disgusting way to make money! Not to mention, I went inside one day and saw a little tri-color Cavalier with the snuffles. Broke my heart...

Sorry ppl. I don't want to be flamed for my remark. Just thinking it was so difficult to buy or adopt a rescue. I was thinking it would be a way to educate ppl on the individual breeds. Perhaps enlighten them in a way so they don't make a mistake acquiring a dog they will eventually give up to rescue. I was thinking a small scale operation like having a few adult rescue dogs not actually for rent. More like dog sitting overnight? I don't know what I was thinking. Please accept my apologies for upsetting all here on the board.:(

Okay... I just spoke to my husband. I am really shamefaced and he explained why this is so wrong. Just want to reiterate I am very sorry for even thinking about this now.
Huge apology to the forum.

It may be a good idea for humans, but definitely not for the dogs. Dogs need a place that they can permanently call home. Not this. I don't support this at all.

I just keep thinking, what's next? People renting out kids because they don't want the commitment of having them full time, so just take them out on a Saturday afternoon?! I agree with the poster who suggested volunteering at a shelter. A much better idea and one that benefits everyone concerned, furry or otherwise.

It can be good or bad i guess. I mean this could help a lot of families that are looking to get pets to see if their kid willa ctually take care of the pet. Its kind of a trial for the kid if they want to take care of a pet to first see if they actually can, cause Im sure that will help a lot of parent decide for their kids whether to actually buy a dog cause Im sure everyone knows a family who bought a puppy for their kid but 6 months later the pup is being sent away or something. So i dunno it could be a good idea or a horrible idea

Just another disgusting example of man's exploitation of the little creatures. I sometimes feel ashamed to be a part of the human race. :mad:

Back