• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone doing agility ?

cavi lover

We went to watch an agility display on Sunday. It was fantastic with pointers down to papillions in the display. Amazing stuff!
Anyway there was a mini course you could try with your dogs so I had a go with Timmy [ 19mth blen] and he loved it. So we are starting classes on Monday. I am really pleased to have found the class as there are very few in my area.
I would love to hear if any of your cavis enjoy agility. Thanks

We have a back-yard very small agility set that my two do each night. Molly LOVES it and Max tollerates it. He'd much rather chase a bird or squirrel.....:D but he loves treats, so he does what he is asked, just very slowly!

I have aquired a tunnel and some garden canes to make jumps from, but we can't have a go until the back (Hmmmm) garden has been levelled and turfed.

Oh do tell us how it goes. When Beau is old enough I think I'd like to get him into agility. It looks like heaps of fun.

I enrolled Bella in a six week agility course at DTI but she was not interested in the slightest :rolleyes: . So I brought Molly the next week thinking that she wouldn't be able for it. She is deaf and not as advanced in her obedience training as Bella but she completely surprised me and was excellent at it :D . It meant I could work more on her hand signals and she loved every minute of it. I'm sure Timmy will have a blast.

I do agility with all 3 of my dogs..my lab is retired..Robbie 23 month old is starting to compete and Cedar almost a year is just beginning his training.

Mika starts Puppy Class Level 2 this Thurs. This level focuses on beginning agility at the puppy level. I'm really looking forward to it, as I do want us to get into agility - not so much competitively, but more just for fun. Mika loves performing, so I think she will do well.

Lucky started agility last night and OMG!!! He had SOOOO much fun. He picked it up so fast too. I was proud of him! Cavaliers are such fun and smart dogs. :) :dogwlk:

Dixie is doing pre-agility 1 classes. It is just obedience training at this level, but she is learning the basic commands very quickly. They use the clicker method, and it really seems to work well. I really don't know how she will do, (or like) the agility part. We have quite a ways to go before we get there, but it does look like a lot of fun.. Judy and Dixie

agility

Well we went to our first agility class last night and what a star Timmy was!

I could hardly believe it. He went over a variety of jumps through the tunnel and tyre with no problems on his lead, Then to my horror she said leads off and away he went with out any hesitation and came back to heel. I had more difficulty than Timmy ! I felt so clumsy and un co ordinated! lol

We have signed up for a block session of 8 wks. The leader of the club has papillons .It was amazing at the end to what such little dogs perform!

Mika had her first class last night as well (puppy agility). It was SO much fun! All the pups did really well and the trainer said she'll have to figure out how to make it more challenging for them while still keeping the little guys safe.

We also got to meet another cavalier (the first we've met locally). She was with a puppy taking the class and got to come and play during the free play time. A beautiful tri.

I'm so glad we joined. Agility always looked so fun, but it was so neat to see all these little dogs perform (and not). You could just tell they were having a blast.

Linda

We have a back-yard very small agility set that my two do each night. Molly LOVES it and Max tollerates it. He'd much rather chase a bird or squirrel.....:D but he loves treats, so he does what he is asked, just very slowly!

Lynn, did you make up your own agility set or purchase it somewhere? I've been thinking of putting some fun things up for the dogs, but don't want to invest too much money as I don't have a clue how they'll do with it.

Back