PDA

View Full Version : Sam

Aileen
4th September 2007, 08:54 PM
Sam has had a bad day today well this afternoon at about 4 his heart rate went up very quickly and he look very ill took him to the vets were he said that he had a heart attack not to bad he is at home at this time please keep everthing crossed for him the vet said to take Sam any time if he gets any worse I keep wanting to cry but that would not do any good
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

jcj528
4th September 2007, 09:05 PM
So sorry that Sam is not well. I hope he gets better.

Claire L
4th September 2007, 09:19 PM
:( Aileen I'm sorry Sam is unwell. I hope he can get through this episode :xfngr: that he'll pull through...... and...... it's OK to cry Aileen, it's all part of the loving :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Karlin
4th September 2007, 09:46 PM
Oh no, Aileen; here's hoping he recovers well and is back to his old self. You've done so much for him since he went to live with you. :flwr:

Gem
4th September 2007, 10:07 PM
So sorry to hear he's not well right now. :xfngr: for a quick recovery

Lynn
4th September 2007, 10:09 PM
:hug: You and Sam are in my thoughts & prayers. :hug:

lady and amber
4th September 2007, 10:57 PM
Hope Sam gets better soon

Cathy T
4th September 2007, 11:46 PM
Sending out my prayers for you and Sam.

Cathy Moon
5th September 2007, 01:27 AM
We're sending prayers for Sam and for you. Let yourself cry, Aileen, it provides some relief. :hug::cry*ing::hug::cry*ing::hug: Cyber hugs coming your way!

Aileen
5th September 2007, 08:30 AM
Sam seem a little better this morning
Aileen and the gang (Barney----Jazzie----Sam)

Cleo's Person
5th September 2007, 09:44 AM
Glad to hear Sam seems a bit better today. :) :xfngr: he will continue to improve. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and good thoughts heading your way today.

Claire L
5th September 2007, 11:31 AM
Aileen, that's great news. Hopefully he will continue to improve. Do you have to take him back to the Vet? Sending prayers and get well hugs to Sam...........and big :hug: to you too.

Aileen
5th September 2007, 11:56 AM
By how the vet what was saying we would be back very quickly so at the moment he has got to be kept very calm so has not to put a stain on his heart so very gentle walks no execitememt?
Thank you everone
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Cathy Moon
5th September 2007, 01:10 PM
Glad he's better! :flwr: Hope he continues to improve!

Aileen
5th September 2007, 04:28 PM
Sam has been sick

sallymum
5th September 2007, 05:30 PM
Oh no hope his ok. I would get him to the vet to check him. :xfngr: his ok. Let us know.

Arne
5th September 2007, 05:45 PM
thinking of you

Aileen
5th September 2007, 08:35 PM
Home again Sam has got to be kept very quiet the vet thinks if I leave him it will not do him any good at the moment he is asleep so I will just wait and see how he goes on
---Aileen

Lynn
5th September 2007, 09:58 PM
Hoping Sam is feeling better soon. :hug:

Claire L
5th September 2007, 11:14 PM
Aileen, I hope that Sam can get through this and have more time with you. I'm so sorry you're having a tough time and I hope and pray that Sam will improve with some rest. Sending prayers and :hug: :hug: .

Caraline
6th September 2007, 08:57 AM
Oh Aileen, I am so sorry to hear that Sam is having a rough time. I hope he will be okay. :xfngr:

Cathryn
6th September 2007, 01:41 PM
Just found this, I am so very sorry to hear about Sam :hug: Will be thinking of you all, :xfngr: that he makes a speedy recovery for you :hug: :hug:

Aileen
6th September 2007, 05:12 PM
Sam was not very well during the night but he seem to be getting better bit by bit I am getting a bit more hopefully that he will get better
Thank You Everyone for your thoughts and prayers
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

coconut
6th September 2007, 05:14 PM
I hope he gets alot better aileen!

Lynn
6th September 2007, 05:56 PM
Gosh, this must be so hard on you!!!! I hope Sam feels better real soon. :xfngr:

Aileen
7th September 2007, 07:38 PM
Another good day today

Barbara Nixon
7th September 2007, 08:52 PM
Good. I was getting rather worried, as you hadn't posted earlier.

Aileen
7th September 2007, 09:11 PM
I wait to see how he is I am getting a bit happy now with him I still think that the vet was thinking we would be back nearly right away that night we are going to prove him wrong I hope
-----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Lynn
7th September 2007, 10:14 PM
:xfngr: I hope too!

Cathy Moon
8th September 2007, 01:34 AM
:xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw: fingers and paws are crossed for him!

Maxwell&me
8th September 2007, 02:16 AM
Thinking and praying for you here!

sarahg
8th September 2007, 07:58 AM
Hows Sam doing today Aileen ?

cavi lover
8th September 2007, 10:35 AM
Love and hugs to you and Sam and woofie licks from my cavi gang.

Julie xxx

Aileen
8th September 2007, 11:13 AM
Sam is OK but he his not taking his tablets in a bit of chiken will have to think of another way for him also is not eating how he was

Lynn
8th September 2007, 02:02 PM
Mine will take a tablet if I cover it with peanutbutter....and I let them lick it off my finger.

Claire L
8th September 2007, 03:52 PM
Hi Aileen, is Sam's tablet very big? perhaps you could crush it or halve it and maybe mix it with some banana. Sending big :hug: to you and Sam.

Cathy Moon
8th September 2007, 06:54 PM
I have wrapped tablets in a bit of cheese. Velveeta works as well.

Arne
8th September 2007, 09:46 PM
Arne and Jassy get their tablets in a bit of margerine, not really good for them but it slips down easy.
If he is not eating try spoon feeding him, if they are ill ignore all the usual rules and just go with what works for you and Sam.

I hope he is having a better time now. They do go up and down a lot at times

Aileen
8th September 2007, 10:26 PM
Well another day sitting on the floor feeding him but atlest he is eating if I leave it on the floor with the others he would not get any got his pills down all right to day he is now asleep near me
Thanks Again

Barbara Nixon
9th September 2007, 12:00 PM
Aileen , Izzy used to ask for his medications, because they were rolled up in pate. The cheap kind, which comes in a plastic 'sausage' worked best as it is strong flavoured, easy to fashion into a ball and slides down.

Aileen
9th September 2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks Barbara I will get some when I go down town I mamage to give him his pills this morning will put another update later

Cleo's Person
9th September 2007, 03:49 PM
AIleen, I used to stick Champ's - my old Lab who died five years ago - into ice-cream. That always worked a treat. Hows Sam doing today?

Aileen
9th September 2007, 07:19 PM
Sam is OK he is just waiting for his supper there is nothing much I can say I am so pleased to have got though till now we will have to wait and see how it goes from now on
Many thanks to everbody

Chelle & Rex
12th September 2007, 09:27 PM
Hi Aileen, Hows Sam doing?

Aileen
12th September 2007, 10:20 PM
We went back to the vets today :rah:and he is nearly back to nomal for Sam which is good I think they were expect us back during the first night but I am going to keep him going for as long has he is not in any great pain

Cleo's Person
12th September 2007, 11:04 PM
That's just the best news!!!!!!! AM so glad to hear that!

Lynn
12th September 2007, 11:33 PM
That's just the best news!!!!!!! AM so glad to hear that!

Me too!!!!! I am very happy for you! :rah:

Cathy T
12th September 2007, 11:35 PM
Oh what excellent news!!!

Barbara Nixon
13th September 2007, 11:15 AM
That's good news, aileen. it sounds like he had asetback like Izzy used to have. Mind you , he had at least four, over two years, and still bounced back.

Aileen
13th September 2007, 01:01 PM
I am still to use the puschair but he is able to walk a little bit more and he looks alot happier thank you everone for your good wishes
------Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Claire L
13th September 2007, 02:23 PM
Aileen, that's great news about Sam! I'm delighted to hear that he is doing so well bless him.