• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Can't stop trying to poo...sorry!!

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the following. Very often but not all the time Roxy goes out to have a poo she will do so in the normal way, this will result in a nice firm stool, but then she will stay squatted and walk around like it continually trying to defacate more. This results in either nothing at all, or result in what I can only describe as mucky couloured fluid or dirroreah. Is there a health issue here, should we be concerned.

Your thoughts and advice would be great.

I'm obviously no expert but perhaps Roxy needs her anal sacs emptying or she may be constipated? I would visit your vet just to be on the safe side regarding the 'mucky fluid'. Good luck

Mine do this too but i think they are not fully finished somethings and that might be y they do it!

My Molly does this too, quite often. She does her poo then crab walks for a while....sometimes a little more poo comes, and sometimes not. I haven't been worried about her as she seems perfectly healthy.

Mine all do this as well and with no ill effects at all, might be worth having her anals looking at but I have come to consider this normal behaviour over the years!!

I think her anal sacs are fine, they empty themselfs all the time when she has a poo, as we can see it covering her poo.

I think we will just keep an eye on her and see what happens.

I think her anal sacs are fine, they empty themselfs all the time when she has a poo, as we can see it covering her poo.

I think we will just keep an eye on her and see what happens.

Harvey is 20 weeks and he does this also. Just out of curiosity how do you know by looking at her poo she has emptied her anal sacs. (Sorry that sounds so horrible)

Baldrick has recently had his anal glands removed, and still does this! Not unusual that he goes, then as your picking up he has crab walked 6 feet away for round 2!

Sometimes he does it sometimes not, not pattern and no signs in what he's leaving that anything is wrong.

Our last dog (a terrier cross) used to crab walk around leaving a little trail!

Back