• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Weblogs: anyone interested?

Would you be interested in a blog?

• I might try it out.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Yes, I would definitely create and use one.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No, not really interested.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Would need to know more about blogs.

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
vBulletin has recently introduced a blog program that would allow members to have a fully featured blog -- in other words, a blog with a lot more functionality than the one within the profiles.

I am interested to know if people would be interested in having this and if they would use it. One nice feature is that there would be a CavalierTalk Blogs homepage within this forum, and the homepage would list latest posts, top blogs, a random post. The homepage makes it a lot easier to highlight blogs and encourages people to keep their blogs active and helps others to find your blog. Here's more info:

Fast Start
vBulletin Blog makes it simple for community members to create their own space within the community. Getting started is as simple as posting the first message (using the same familiar vBulletin editor). There is no lengthy setup process - blog owners are free to personalise their blog at any time by defining a title and a description that will appear at the top of every blog post.

Fully-Featured
It is a feature-rich blog application, with support for fully formatted WYSIWYG posts, attachments, comments, trackbacks and pingbacks, draft posts and categories, as well as seamless integration with the overall vBulletin system.

Blog Home Page
Available via a single click from any vBulletin page, the blog home page aggregates activity from all member blogs into a single page – with information about the most recent and highest rated blog posts, recent comments, a featured blog post (selected by the administrator or at random), full support for browsing posts by date and overall blogging statistics.

Syndication and Subscriptions
Site wide and per-blog RSS feeds allow syndication to external readers, and full support for vBulletin subscriptions enables users to join their favorite blogs and receive regular email updates.

Blog Control Panel
The Blog Control Panel empowers members to control every aspect of their blogs, from permission controls (who has access to view and comment on the blog), to full management of blog categories, draft posts, trackbacks/pingbacks and subscriptions. Blog owners also have the ability to moderate comments on their own blog.

This is a rough idea of what the homepage would look like (except of course in the CavTalk style and colours):

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php

Think I will likely go ahead and add this in as a feature and see what people do with it. I like the aggregator page, as that enables people to see what the latest posts are across everyone's blogs, and also features random blogs. The other thing is, this blog would be YOURS and you can add the link to your own websites or sigs in your emails or whatever -- anyone can come read your blog.

I am just watching the discussions over on the vBulletin site to see if there are any glitches or problems people have after installing the software. If all looks fairly smooth I will probably add it on and then announce when it is ready.

Back