• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Moulting??

ann

Ellie is 9and a half months old, and she is moulting VERY heavily.
I can get hold of her fur and pull gently and bunches come out. She doesnt have any bald spots and her skin looks healthy. She is very well in herself ( apart from just being spayed) . The moulting started before the OP. I haven't owned a Cav before so I dont know if this heavy moult is normal or not ??

Sounds like she is 'blowing' her puppy coat! She is the right age for that. The new hair underneath should be nice and shiny but a bit heavier, not quite so fine.

:v*cuum:Thanks karlin, that would explain that. It's a pity really because the coat she is loosing is beautiful and silky and shiny..... But I will be SOOO glad when the moult stops.......its everywhere :v*cuum:

Back