• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

funny leg problem

kaytee576

Hi, poor kaytee had another problem today :( I took her to the park and she never walks around she drags me to the edge of the field to eat grass. today though she was carrying her leg up :( her back right one, there was no pain as she wasnt yelping or showing discomfort, I checked her knee in case it had slipped but it hadn't. and there was no thistle or anything in her pad.

I took her home and bathed her foot with hebi scrub and put some anti septic cream in and on the paw. I cannot see no cuts or marks but my fiance said maybe she stood on a nettle?
have you ever had this happen? she is a little wobbly on her feet still, in the past she has had a stroke, I dont remember it happening but the vet said I may not have even noticed as it was mild but she was left with her face being funny on the left side, a facial palsy the vet said, I was fretting she had another stroke in the feild but I am sure she would have fell? She is Ok in herself maybe I am worrying about nothing as always? xx

I'd not worry about it unless she looks uncomfortable. Lots of dogs start to favour a leg briefly and it can be hard to tell why -- they could have been stung by an insect or a netle, stepped on something sharp etc. Or could be the stroke. If it stops bothering her than don't worry about it.

Back