PDA

View Full Version : Gooby Freedom Harness

Melissa
9th September 2007, 03:09 AM
Has anyone tried the Gooby Freedom Harness? They look a lot like the Puppia harness but a bit cheaper. I'm wondering which is better quality/better fitting.

Lynn
9th September 2007, 03:38 AM
Haven't tried that harness. I did look it up and saw where it said 'slightly stretchy fabric' and that would give me some pause. It's shaped the same way as a Puppia, but I couldn't see the buckles. I wouldn't want the harness material to stretch.

If you are thinking about getting this sort of harness, please consider making or buying a safety strap that attaches to their collar and the puppia / harness at the same time. I will try to find the link to a previous thread that discussed the need for a safety strap because one dog wiggled out of the puppia then ran across many lanes of traffic! The dog made it, thankfully, but mum was VERY upset, as I would be too. I made my safety straps from cloth webbing from the cloth store and then a hook from the hardware store.

Lynn
9th September 2007, 03:42 AM
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=16545&highlight=safety+strap

here is the link to that thread about the dog wiggling out of the puppia and then talk of a safety strap. The safety straps I made look just like the ones on page 6 of that thread.

I would use a safety strap with either brands of harness.

Melissa
9th September 2007, 03:55 AM
I thought stretchy seemed a little weird too.

I will look into the tread you posted. :) Thanks!

Crittercall
10th September 2007, 04:33 AM
Roxie is between sizes on a puppia and I need to get her a new one. Bubba was complaining that they don't come in more sizes! The medium is really big on her neck, but if I pull the chest as tight as it will go it's okay. The small will hardly go over her head. But I lost hers this morning at the airport so I've got to get another one!

Melissa
12th September 2007, 06:11 PM
We have a doggie boutique in our town so I'm going to take him down there to make sure I get the right size. Sadly she only carries pink, blue, black and red. I'm trying to decide between the blue or the black for him.

Crittercall
12th September 2007, 11:53 PM
Melissa, black is always "chic" and looks good on everyone!!:)

Melissa
21st September 2007, 04:55 PM
So I stopped in at the store last night to check them out. They seemed to be very good quality. Slightly stretchy... not really takes some effort to stretch it. The med was a nearly perfect fit. She only had red and black in stock so I had her order me a blue one. Only $18 so it wasn't too bad. She also carries all sort of good food... from premium kibble to raw and organic stuff too... she gave me some brouchers so I'll have to see what I'm going to go with.

Crittercall
21st September 2007, 07:42 PM
I'm glad that you liked the harness and that she's ordering the color you want.

Roxie started puppy classes last night so she's doing a collar now for training with a 6-foot leather lead, but I still want a puppia for her. A friend told me that a store near here has pink puppias with ruffles. Might clash with the red dog but it sure sounds cute!

Melissa
21st September 2007, 07:53 PM
Aww ruffles on a girl is so cute.. she'll look like a valentine card :)