PDA

View Full Version : white noise machine controls barking

Lynn
9th September 2007, 02:08 PM
We live on a popular walking route and our house is close to the street. Molly & Max were barking too much from seeing people & dogs walking by constantly and listening to the neighbor dogs barking non-stop. I decided to buy a white noise machine and it has helped sooo much! It drowns out the outside noises.....it sounds like rushing wind. It is easy to get used to...took us a few hours not to notice it. Buying that and installing light-filtering blinds has made all the difference in the world. I was thinking that those who had written here about night time noisy neighbors might find this white noise machine very helpful.

this is the one I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-Speed-Sleepmate-Soundscreen-Machine/dp/B000MZZPQM/ref=pd_bbs_8/002-0144883-8132856?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1189341815&sr=8-8

Cathy Moon
9th September 2007, 06:48 PM
Lynn, what a great idea! I would love to do that so Geordie won't bark out the windows. What are your light filtering blinds like? I have mini blinds, and the cavs just push them out of the way to view outside.

Lynn
9th September 2007, 07:00 PM
Hi Cathy...yes, just mini blinds but do not totally block the light from coming through... perhaps in a bedroom you'd buy ones that do not filter the light so it darkens the room???? With the blinds closed it still lets in some light which I really like. I've only ever had sheers in the windows in our living room and at night people could always see in. I have felt like I was living in a fishbowl. My hubby made me giggle when we put the blinds up....he said 'finally we can have naked Saturdays!' lol

*Pauline*
10th September 2007, 11:15 AM
Is there anything that could block out the sound of two stereos playing at the same time? Kids! :rolleyes: