• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Does your Cavalier do this?

Jessieca

We've noticed with certain toys Bailey will start shaking them like crazy while making this low growling sound. Do yours do this? He normally does it with an elephant and an octopus, and only those two. He was doing it late last night, shaking the octopus like crazy! It was actually kind of cute lol, but I was just wondering if that's normal, and if so, why they do it.

Clancy does it with a large green lizard toy that's one of his favorites. He becomes quite vocal and we always laugh.

Don't be put off, but I think this is what would be considered a "death shake". This is what they would do if they were hunting something "for real". Please someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Lots of dogs do that . Izzy and now Joily did that to a crocodile and floppy white dog. teddy likes to shake socks.

maile does that to almost all her toys and to a big square of pig's skin once she has chewed a corner soft. I too heard that this is how they "kill" things. maile is quite fierce if she was a big dog it would be a bit off putting, now it is just pretty funny.

My parent's springers do that. I havn't gotten my puppy yet and I can get he'll probably do it too.

Yes! Molly does it, too! It sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars, sometimes: the growling mixed with howling noises! It is so funny :D :D :D

Zola does this especially after her harness has been put on and we're going out the door for a walk. She'll run into the sitting room, grab a soft toy, bring it to me and "kill" it for me. Cracks me up every time!

Daisy does this all the time -- the larger and floppier the toy, the more she likes it because she gets more 'swing' out of them. She growls like a little vicious thing! It totally cracks us up. She did this from day 1. She doesn't like any type of toys but soft and furry, and preferably animal-shaped. I think this is because rubber toys and balls don't shake effectively. And she requires squeakers in her toys, too. It's no fun killing something if it doesn't squeal! :confused: And she loves to play tug of war with us using those toys. She growls like a demon. But she would never bite us. If someone else saw her do that, though, they would think she was Cujo!

Sadly, all this practicing of the death shake came to fruition this past Spring, when she killed a baby bunny! :( I didn't see it happen, but she brought the poor little thing in the house, hanging limply from her mouth. I freaked out, needless to say. We buried the poor little guy in our backyard under some trees. RIP

Daisy does this all the time -- the larger and floppier the toy, the more she likes it because she gets more 'swing' out of them. She growls like a little vicious thing! It totally cracks us up. She did this from day 1. She doesn't like any type of toys but soft and furry, and preferably animal-shaped. I think this is because rubber toys and balls don't shake effectively. And she requires squeakers in her toys, too. It's no fun killing something if it doesn't squeal! :confused: And she loves to play tug of war with us using those toys. She growls like a demon. But she would never bite us. If someone else saw her do that, though, they would think she was Cujo!

Sadly, all this practicing of the death shake came to fruition this past Spring, when she killed a baby bunny! :( I didn't see it happen, but she brought the poor little thing in the house, hanging limply from her mouth. I freaked out, needless to say. We buried the poor little guy in our backyard under some trees. RIP

I know, I always figure people on the other side of the door must think we have some vicious dog living in our apartment haha. He only does it with floppy toys with squeekers too haha!

OMG poor bunny lol, if Bailey did that, I would FLIP OUT. Seriously. I guess they can't really help their instincts though.

Back