• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Could Bernie suffocate?

kisa75

This may seem silly but...I keep a lightweight throw on the sofa. Bernie's gotten in the habit of pulling the throw on top of him when he naps - sometimes even covering his head. In the winter, I usually put a heavier throw on the couch. Should I be worried about him suffocating if he covers his head with it :confused: This is my first pup ever so I'm not sure if this normal behavior or not.

My Abby prefers to sleep under the covers. She burrows way down to the end of the bed. Hasn't suffocated yet although I'm at a loss as to how she lasts all night way under there! :D:eek:

It's highly unlikely, if you are there, because you would see him wriggling to get free, but leaving a small dog alone with covering which could tangle would be a different matter.

I doubt you'd have to worry about suffocation, though with a small puppy, I'd watch out for a very heavy throw. More specifically with pup or adult, always have someone check for where he is before sitting down! It is frighteningly easy to sit on and seriously injure a puppy in particular. Might be best to have a rule that the throw stays folded up unless someone is sitting there with him?

On the other hand you have discovered a cavalier 'right' -- to be under the covers. :lol:

Back