• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hopeful future Cavalier mom

Debby with a Y

Hi, I am Debby with a Y from the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area and I have been wanting a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for a very long time. I have just made a list of Florida breeders from searching the internet, and I am hoping to find that very special beautiful little baby soon. I have owned three Cocker Spaniels in the past but I have not had a dog in over ten years. I have five beloved cats, but I really miss the special relationship that I could have with a dog.

Any assistance in finding the right breeder and puppy is appreciated! I am thinking I'd like a female Blenheim but disposition is the most important quality I'm seeking. I just want a little buddy to share my home and my life with. :luv:

Hi, Debby:

My name is Julie and I'm just south of you in Miami! We should get together and have a play date. The breeders down here are a pretty tight group and it can be hard to break in. However, I have an idea of one that I think might be able to help you. I'll send it to you over the PM feature on this website. If she doesn't have a dog for you, I was wondering if you looked at CavalierRescueUSA.com. There are gorgeous pair of Blenheim up for adoption just north of us in Vero Beach. I wish I could apply but with my 2 cavs and 2 corgis, I'm at the Miami-Dade County limit. You might consider them.

Oh by the way, while I'm at it:

icon_welcome to CavalierTalk, Debby. I'm so glad to have another member from South Florida on here! When you do get your furbaby (and you will) we will want to see bunches of pictures and hear all of your stories

Julie, I answered your PM but thank you so much for the rescue info...I have been looking for a rescue cavalier for several months and none of them have worked out...either they are gone before I find out about them, or they hate cats, or they are pretty far and they don't ship. I had given up on finding a rescue in our area and had decided to go the puppy route.

All of my cats are rescues, and I've had rescue Cockers before, and rescue pets are always so grateful and loving...I am going to look into Winney and Finney and as I just told my boyfriend, it would be great to have two of them!

Good Luck!

Good luck with your search Debby with a Y! (And welcome to this site: I'm new here too!!)

Best wishes and :xfngr: .

Applied for Winnie and Finney, fingers crossed!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!! I filled out an application for Winnie and Finney and spoke with the regional coordinator; she is discussing my application with the foster mom. Wish me luck, :xfngr: they seem to be just the sweetest pair!!!

Welcome!!! And good luck and :xfngr: that you get Winnie and Finney! I think it's so great that you're trying to adopt rescues! :rah:

They look like such sweet and fun pups!

:rah:YAY!!!! :rah:

I'm so glad you're going to try for Winnie and Finnie. They do seem like a wonderful pair of cavvies. Please let us know as sonn as you hear anything. You definitely get a star by your name for trying to rescue these two doggies.

:dogwlk: Hey, if you get W & F, can we have a playdate sometime? There's got to be a dog park somewhere between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Zena and Ziggy can be ready at a moment's notice!

Julie, yes yes yes!! I live near FLL and there is a dog park just barely north of the airport. Also the city of Hollywood is experimenting with a once-a-week dog beach. Since W and F are a little older, I would like to bring out the puppiness that must be lying just beneath the surface!!

Back