• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anaplasmosis

Mary

Has anyone had experience with anaplasmosis-tick borne from the wood tick? I have an eight year old diagnosed with this last week. She is on treatment (doxycycline) but showing little to no improvement so far. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this diagnosis.

Eek, never heard of that though I know there are a variety of problems that can be caused by ticks. Any improvement yet?

Dear sweet Savannah went over the bridge this morning. I took her back in to the vet to see if there was any hope of anything else we could do. As she lost weight this past week I noticed a lump on her leg and chest and questioned these as well as a firmness in her abdomen. The vet suspected cancer with the leg and chest mass being metasis into the lymph node system. This complicated by her anaplasmosis with significant anemia r/t to the anaplasmosis made it evident it was time to let Savannah go free. She was my eight year old basset-sister to my five cavaliers...they are lost without her. Hug your babies tight tonight. There time with us is always not long enough.

Oh Mary, I'm so sorry for your loss of Savannah. :( This must be such a shock to happen so suddenly. :hug: We're thinking of you.

Oh Mary, I am so terribly sad to hear this news of Savannah's passing. What a horrible shock it must have been for you. :( Bless you for not letting her suffer unnecessarily.

Poor little Savannah - I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you made the right decision for her :flwr:

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. They do help to soften this difficult time.

I am so sorry Mary i know what u r going through as i have just been through it with Coco. U did the right thing and all thoughi know it is a comfort to read all the well wishes from members of this board nothing really helps hopefully time will.

Back