• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scariest night ever

OhMarley

I'm staying home alone at the moment my folks are away... So last night I for no reasons I decieded to double deadlock all our doors and I brought Marley into my room which i don't normally do.
Well I woke up an hour ago 2am as Marley was being really restless, then the side light came on i looked outside and couldnt see anything. But Marley kept looking around so i started to feel a bit nervous, then someone tried to open my door!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a door that goes outside... needless to say I PANICKED!! There was 2 big guys outside with a torch, they open the side gate and went into my front yard (my room is at the front), they jumped the wall. I couldnt breath i was so scared, i was shaking all over I couldnt even remember my neighbours numbers i had to look it up.
I can't sleep now :( my neighbour is staying the night. Tomorrow i'm getting my friend to stay over... Its my worst nightmare and it happened!! I'm just SOOOOOOOOO glad they didn't get inside... I just need to try and calm down.

OMG! That is scary! Can't you call the police. Tell them there are prowlers in the neighorhood. Please call somebody and let them know you are home alone right now.

My neighbours came over and one is staying the night, thats the wonderful thing about having a good relationship with the people living around you.
Every noise makes me jump I cant wait till the sun comes up

That's a relief. It's good have to great neighbors. I would freak out if someone was trying to get in my place. Scary enough when groups of teenagers are climbing over my fence just to get to the next house.

OMG!! You must have had such a shock! Agree with calling the police and leaving some lights on, at least you have some-one there with you now! :hug: :hug:

Double OMG!!! I'd call the police maybe then can get a them to be in your area more often.

Yikes! I hope you have a better night tonight!

Try leaving the bathroom light on all night. I remember reading that will help keep burglars away.

:yikes

That would be my worst nightmare as well; I am so glad you had double bolted those doors and had a guard-cavalier at your side. How are you doing now? Did you talk to the police?

Are you all right now? It was a terrible shock for you, and I have been thinking of how you are doing. I would call the police, too.

I also leve all my lights on and double check the doors when my parter works away i hate being alone in the house,hes not worked away since we had mollie so i had no reason to go out when dark for toliet trips but now theres mollie and im dreading it.
Will be thinking of you,and let the cops know then they could at least drive around the area,just so that there known to late night walkers

xxx

Hi again, i'm waiting on the police they are coming around some time today to take a statement and see if they can get any fingerprints.
Tonight i'm DEFINETLY leaving lights on, my best friend who lives down the road is coming to stay i'll get him to park his car in the front drive way too.
I'm feeling a better, I just still can't believe it happened, such a shock to the system.

that is my worst night mare! i hope that u are okay!! Let us know how it goes with the cops!

the cops came over today and took my statement they were so lovely, they are sending forensics over tomorrow to check for prints and take pics etc of the foot marks on the wall.
I'm so jumpy hey I'm trying to stay calm but its night again and every noise scares the hell out of me. i feel so stupid i keep getting teary! arugh i hate this im waiting for friends to cmoe over i wish they would hurry up

Aww Soma, I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I hope your friends come over soon. Is there a chance that you could ask some of your neighbours to park their cars in your drive at night? when we go away anywhere I always tell the neighbours to park a car in our driveway and we do the same for them. I'd also ask the police to drive by for a few nights.

:hug::hug:

OMG I couldn't breathe reading that I can only imagine what that would have been like. Smart cookie for double locking the doors.

I wonder what made them go away ???

It probably doesn't help that it has been really windy here in perth the last few nights and that makes everything bang and creek more than usual.

I'm glad but surprised the police are sending forensics, we had a car broken into some time ago and there was actually blood and prints but they would not send anyone, I was gobsmacked.
Hope they find something.

Keep those phone numbers next to your bed and a torch. Good luck. Hope you get some quality sleep soon.

Back