PDA

View Full Version : Good Chews

Sue.k
20th September 2007, 01:24 PM
Hi, I am sure this has been asked before but I need to find what is the best kind of chew that is safe to leave with my furbabies when I am at work. Lucy has started to chew the walls which I find very odd, Prince has never done this and they are the same age. I cant use anything that you fill with food because Lucy is a bit agressive towards Prince when it comes to food, I never leave them alone when food is involved. If anyone can recommend a chew toy I would be very grateful. I am just nervous leaving them with something that can choke them.:confused:

hollyandmel
20th September 2007, 02:22 PM
A kong stuffed with their favourite treats....last for hours.....

Claire L
20th September 2007, 02:38 PM
Have a look at this:

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=11095

The Nylabone sounds like it might solve your problem.

Cathy Moon
21st September 2007, 12:38 AM
I think the plastic Nylabone or Kong is a great choice!:thmbsup:

Be very, very careful with the braided or twisted and knotted rope toys! Most have a warning tag attached when you buy them. I wouldn't leave a rope toy with any dog unsupervised, since swallowed strings can be deadly.

mlc4140
21st September 2007, 01:49 AM
I give Sabrina Nylabones.

Sue.k
21st September 2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for your comments, I wouldnt be able to use the Kongs because you have to stuff them with food, Lucy can be agressive towards Prince when it comes to food. The Nylabone sound good, I will have a look out for those, thanks again :)

shippers
21st September 2007, 08:21 PM
I bought a nylabone for Sally however it didn't last very long and plastic bits started to break off. I wasn't sure if this was meant to happen but I had to bin it not long after buying it. I get rawhide chews now although I don't tend to leave Sally on her own with them. It is a difficult one :rolleyes:. I'm so lucky Sally has never chewed our kitchen

cavimom
25th September 2007, 04:06 PM
I laughed when I read about the walls because my Lily did that to my bedroom wall a few weeks back. I have to keep that spot blocked off. I wonder what made her do it? And did it taste good? :)

Ginger's Mom
25th September 2007, 11:51 PM
Nylabones -- but I'd only get the meat flavors because I gave Ginger the strawberry and "plastic" ones and they gave her diarrhea.