• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Found some great boarding kennels.

*Pauline*

I just took a look online at these kennels which are local to me. When searching for a puppy I nearly got one from the owner Mrs Pagan who owns these but she was abroad at the time and stuck there indefinitely as her husband was very ill. She only had one puppy and she couldn't decide if she wanted to keep it until she came back. I couldn't wait that long! She also does Cavalier rescue.

When I saw the pictures, I was very impressed. What do you think?

http://www.sorata.co.uk/index.htm

I have also found someone who takes two dogs at a time in his house. He has his own dog walking business, and one of my friends works for him. He pays her £8 to walk a dog so goodness knows what he charges to board dogs.

Which would you choose?

On the other hand, there is a kennel in the next road to me (not the same kennel as above) which looks lovely but my friend left her dogs there and said they must have been tied up by their leads for a long time as they chewed their way through the leads. She said the dogs were very upset when they came home. The same kennel buys and sell puppies, they are often in the papers locally for selling sick dogs. Just a little warning that just because a puppy isn't sold from a stinking puppy farm, doesn't mean it didn't come from one.

Sorry, Pauline! I know this is a Cavalier forum. What kind of owls are those in the advertisement? TIA:flwr: I guess you are looking for a dog sitter for Dylan when you need to run out for few hours?

:lol: They take other small animals sometimes! A few hours isn't a problem, I was thinking of when and if I wanted to go abroad. I don't go on holiday very often but I like to keep my options open. Next time I pass this place, I'll pop in for a look.

I think it depends on your dogs. I took harvey to visit several kennels and he is very nervous in new places. The barking of all the other dogs really scared him whilst Alfie just looked around not bothered at all. In the end we found a lady who will take two dogs at a time in her home. She lets them go to bed with her and spoils them rotten. She also takes photos to give me on my return of the things they get up to.

That's a good point. I spoke to my friend tonight who is a dog walker for the man who boards two dogs at a time in his own home. She said he's a lovely man, never lets them off the lead :) and she will find out how much he charges. He charges £12 to walk a dog and gives my friend £8 of it, not bad eh!

Back