• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sam and Fly's

sallymum

Sam is really driving us potty at the moment. Though i am glad he is still able to. He has decided his fav thing in the world from the time he gets up till he is either too tired or i have got rid of everyone i can find is flies. I have done my best to get rid of them fly paper, keeping everything clean, no rubbish lying around, keeping windows and doors shut.
Sam goes absolutely mad running after them, barking at them he is that bad he even runs into the walls smashing his head or mouth.
Anyone else have this prob or is it only me that has the mad cav.

Molly my tri does this aswell, running into walls and trying to climb walls! I went walking with her 2 weeks ago in the evening and she drove me mad jumping after flies

Not flys but leaves so you can image now leaves are coming off the trees what happens
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Yes! Flies and crickets seem to be the party favorite around our place. Gus brought a cricket into the house the other night, I had no idea until both he and Abbey were going nuts with it.

No problem with this lot, but my springers used to go mad over bluebottles. They would lurk then pounce like a cat, trapping the fly under a paw. Then they would give it a chew, drop it and put the paw back. If it dared buzz, it would get another chewing and this went on until it was dead.Sometimes, at this stage it was swallowed and sometimes left, in favour of another live one.

Yup, both Toby and Archie are mad fly chasers! Taffy not so much. Just have to becareful about getting rid of any bees or wasps that come into the house.

Occasionally Cleo will go for a fly, but like Aileen's gang she a leaf girl at heart. Walks are fun at the moment!

Yep! My cuddle do this too, they also go mad for spiders, daddy long legs's, butterflies, bee's (Buzzla's) and birds given half a chance!!

Oh my word, Maxx goes crazy for Daddy long legs (crane flies) & spiders and lo and behold the poor frogs and toads in our garden LOL. One got in the house before and he was chasing it around at about 3am or some awful unearthly hour! I think his all time favourites are the bees though. I am terrified he's going to swallow one and die from a sting to his throat :O

Charlie isn't really bothered by anything except flies and he will chase them for all its worth - he fell over out the garden whilst chasing one last week - silly boy LOL

Back