• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Quick Update on Bentley

Kerry and Bentley

So we took Bentley to the vet on Tuesday morning and had some x-rays done. The vet confirmed what we already knew - his patella keeps slipping and it's possibly starting to fray some of his nerves.

She recommended us to an orthopedic surgeon and we have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. I am hopeful that the doctor will look at it and be confident that it is a problem he can fix. Keep your fingers crossed for us tomorrow!

And while we were at the vet, they gave Bentley some new pain medication to make the inflamation go down and it sure worked! He's been able to walk normally for the last two days, but whenever he starts to get a little too confident, his patella must slip because he starts to limp for a few minutes. Nevertheless it's the best we've seen him in a week! Miracle drugs! :)

In anticipation of the surgery and Bentley not being able to go for walks, I bought him a stroller yesterday. I just can't handle him being depressed and looking out the backdoor wanting to go out and run. So the stroller should be here in a few days and we're so excited! Well.. I know I am. I'm not sure Bentley knows what's happening :)

I'll let everyone know what happens tomorrow with the surgeon! :xfngr: :xfngr:

Am sure the surgery will go well and Bentley will adore his strolls in the stroller whilst he is recovering/rehabbing! Good to hear the new pain meds are working well for him too, always tough to see them in pain when you love them so much! :lotsaluv:

Hoping the best outcome for Bentley for surgery. Good to hear the meds are helping him cope with the painful knees. He's going love the stroller though! :)

I have a grocery cart that is used for shopping. Instead found it useful to cart things for my pup back then. Little stinker thought it was a way not to walk or run around free beside me outdoors in the big forest. He may trot a few steps. Since the cart flap was open with padded cushion he thought he would just hop in for a ride. Taxi with treats and toys at your service.:lol:

Yup! He's going to definitely love the stroller. Especially since he alreadys loves being carried around on a pillow!:)

Back