• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppies for sale-not really

Barbara Nixon

OK, I can't keep all the puppies, 9 left, after one was kidnapped by my son for his fiance, who adores it. (He's got to pay up, though). I also have 3 adults, the larger 12" versions, of which one is spoken for.

All proceeds will be going to Hope Rescue, based in Wales, which saves many dogs from pts situations (Welsh pounds are almost as unforgiving as the Irish ones, in the little time they allow). They have taken on and helped a number of cavaliers, as well as dogs known to be terminally ill. www.hoperescue.org.uk

The 8" are wide eyed puppies, looking mainly surprised or not guilty, but the larger 'mums' have the soppy cavalier expression. Joly can't make the larger ones out (they must be just smaller than the lowest breed standard size) and keeps on walking past thier box, for a look.

I've taken my time, as I want to post safely, but not at great expense. Plastic bags were suggested by the post office, but I feared that the heads could get squashed, so looked for mailing boxes, only to find they were an incredible £2.98 each, so not an option.However, I've managed to beg some packing from Freecycle, so considerably cutting postage costs which I didn't want to outdo the money raised.

I'm afraid that selling outside the UK would not be a viable proposition, as my bank wants at least £10 for every transfer into pounds, ie for each cheque, which would be for less than that amount,anyway, so I'm sorry to disappoint the Irish members who showed interest. Dealing with the States would be even more expensive, with postage costs, but the puppies and many others are widely available , on the internet over there.

I would like to ask £5 for the puppies, plus £1.20 postage and £8 plus £1.50 postage for the larger ones.

Please pm, if you are interested, but priority will go to people who have already asked. Should anyone want two small puppies, the postage is £1.50 for both, due to the Royal Mail scale of charges used. (Anyone near David's delivery routes won't have any postage to pay, as he can drop off with one of his customers for local collection).

Sorry, but all the 12" dogs are gone. However, if people still want them, I'll see if I can get more.

Last edited:
So, I'm in the US and out of luck but at least I can give you a laugh. I'm reading the first few lines and thinking "OMG what is this" forgot about the stuffies........ Duh, a Senoir Moment. :)

Hi one of each for me too Barbara!! (y) anything to support a good charity and get a couple more cute cuddlies into the bargain too!!

I'm so pleased at how quickly these puppies are being homed, with lots of money for Hope.

I have only three small ones left, but have to hold these until I hear from three people who previously expressed interest, but haven't been on the forum.

However, if anyone else would like to express interest, I'll see if I can get more. All depends on whether my local depot gets more stock or one elsewhere stilll has some. They only appear to have had 6 large and 12 small in the last mixed batch. (Poodles, which look more like pale retrievers to me, beagles, border collies, schnauzers and retrievers, which look more like labradors to me).

Back