• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Finally

Cathy T

I'm finally caught up enough to tell you all about our trip to Carmel and Ojai. I'm so glad our first night was nothing like the rest of our trip! Our "cottage" was a complete disaster! It was a complete dump, smelled moldy and mildewy, the floor were uneven, the carpets were horribly stained and it was ancient!! We were supposed to stay there three nights!! I could barely get through 1 night. We did meet another couple with their Cavalier who were also there for the fun match. They had a newly remodeled unit....it was nice.
So, on Saturday we headed to Carmel for a little shopping. Found Diggity Dog....what a store!!! I was in heaven. But we had to head out for the show.
Jake and Shelby sitting on a bench in the village
DSCN0479.jpg

Stopping for a little rest
DSCN0481.jpg

How cute was this??!! A real estate office had a bowl of water and chest of doggie treats out front. Yep, Jake is eye-balling those treats!
DSCN0482.jpg

Sitting on the wall in front of the park...NO DOGS ALLOWED!!!
DSCN0485.jpg

And then we were off. The match was fun. Lots of great little dogs. I finally I got to meet (in person!) the woman I help with rescue. And her 3 dogs. The best part.....sitting and chatting with Jeanne!! Darby and Tucker are so dang cute....that Tucker, I just can't get enough of that silly little face. There was a longest ears contest....but I was so busy talking we completely missed it. Oh well, we would have gotten out butts beat by this black & tan that had to be hairest boy I've ever seen!!
Jake making friends
DSCN0488.jpg

Darby chilling
DSCN0493.jpg

DSCN0495.jpg

Sorry about this one Jeanne! I'm not sure what you were doing...but we know what Tucker was doing....trying to get away from those kids!! This little girl was just nuts about Tucker....Tucker not so much nuts about her. He completely buried himself into Jeanne's neck!!
DSCN0505.jpg

Taking in the show
DSCN0496.jpg

We spent the 2nd night at the Best Western. Ah.....no mildew!! And then off to Ojai. We went the coast route.
Checking out the view
DSCN0518.jpg

Hey....where's our pizza??!!!
DSCN0512.jpg

Snoozing away.
DSCN0525.jpg

I was in a store in Ojai when a woman came up. She said she had been "stalking" me!! She saw the dogs and that was what she's been looking for. She turned the car around and we were gone. So she started going into stores until she found us. I've sent her some info on breeders and hope she finds her own little bundle of joy soon.
Our suite in Oaji was so nice and so relaxing. We just laid around and rested. Did a little shopping. Went out for dinner. And slept like we were sleeping in a cloud!
All in all....a great trip!!! And the dogs were so good for the whole trip. Jake didn't even mark once!!!

:jump:

I've been waiting for news of your weekend! Those are such great pics -- Shelby always has the most enthusiastic expression. :lol: I know that store in Carmel, I got a cavalier magnet there about a week before I came back to Ireland and got Jaspar. Memories! Little did I think at that point how involved my life would become with these darn dogs!

Tell us some more about the actual cavalier event -- !!

Cathy, you can just tell from those pictures your dogs are very well behaved. I love the mountain picture, I can just about see a bridge crossing in the background, it kind of gives you an impression of the scale of the mountains. And that second picture of you three, you all look lovely. :D

Wow! Lovely photos and description of your trip. Your cavs look so happy. :):) I would love to visit the places you went.

PS I would have thought Jake's ears could beat about any dog on length -- must have been a REALLY hairy B&T!

Hmmm, just rechecked those pics and realise Shelby's are just as long! Amazing ears...

Tell us some more about the actual cavalier event -- !!

Umm.....wish I could but to be honest....I spent the majority of the time sitting and talking to Jeanne!! :) The lay out of the back yard was really difficult. The area where they were showing was very small and there really wasn't any room for spectators. It wasn't til we left that I realized...hmmm, never did get into the longest ears contest!! :D But we had a really nice afternoon. Yeah, b&t boy had us beat by a mile....I've never seen such a long-haired Cavalier in my life!!

CT - Great photos and wonderful looking family. Never tire of seeing such gorgeous cavvies. Looks like a good time was had by all. cl*p

Thanks for sharing.

What fabulous photos and it sounds like you had a great time... mouldy carpet & all. Had to laugh at your guys eyeballing the treats. How well mannered they are. My guys would have run up and snarfed the lot.

Wow it looks like you had a great time there! What is the name of that disaster cottage (was it in Ojai or Carmel)? I'll make a note next time we go up to the places.

By the way is that you in the first photo? I think I remember seeing you at the Cavalier meet-up in Mission Viejo. I petted Shelly, such a beautiful girl. Now that I know you, next time I'll come by and say hello. (I'm a little shy person, hehe)

Glad you had a good time!!

Great pics Cathy. Glad it all worked out in the end. Jake and Shelby look gorgeous as always. I never tire of seeing your two beautiful babies :lotsaluv:

Oh Veronica....don't be shy!!! Come up and introduce yourself next time (yes, that's me with the pups). We have a group from the boards that all sit together and have the best time. I don't make it up every month but am making the effort to come up whenever I can.

The awful place was in Carmel. It's called the Carmel River Inn. The remodeled units looks nice but the older ones are the pits.

Those pictures are terrific; your cavs are gorgeous!

I especially love the pic of them sitting at the table. :)

Back