• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My new baby boy!

Debby with a Y

After months and months of unsuccesfully trying to rescue an adult Cavalier...they are so rare in South Florida (that's a GOOD thing) and the demand is so high...my partner and I had many discussions and I finally decided to look into puppies from good breeders.

I did a lot of research and was lucky to find someone who I highly respect nearly in my own backyard! Yesterday we visited Keith Robbins of Blue Tide in Fort Lauderdale, and it was so difficult to decide between two gorgeous boys but as you can see from my avatar, I have fallen in love!!

I spent 2-1/2 hours in the breeder's home. My boyfriend, who has owned dogs all his life and has purchased many puppies from breeders (he's a schnauzer fancier), was very impressed with how they live. There are three litters of little puppies there right now, and a few older puppies he is keeping, and several adults...yet everyone was clean, healthy, and totally well socialized. The adult dogs are in love with the breeder, you can really see the bonds. I've never been around so many dogs at one time in my life...I said that I felt like I was on the set of 101 Dalmations!!!

As Jay said, anyone who can have so many dogs yet everyone is clean and sweet and healthy and well loved...I feel very good about this. I also got to see all of the health certificates, and baby goes to the breeder's vet this coming Thursday, and because baby comes home the evening of October 4, he told me to make an appointment at my vet for October 5.

Funny, I ended up not with the pup originally picked out for me. I passed on the dog the breeder initially selected for me, a beautiful show-possible puppy from the most beautiful mother I've ever seen, and selected a boy from a very pretty and sporty mom who will be my adventure pal for life. The personality was just a better fit for me. It was cool to meet the baby's mom AND grandmom. Seeing their personalities was the clincher. Baby's daddy is in California. Gemma's baby, originally selected for me, is the most beautiful boy but probably more laid back than I want. Gemma is a princess and her son seemed like he would be a little couch potato. Annie is more active and her son is a little devil...just what I want in a pup!!!

Is this true love or what?
100_3433.JPG

Now to decide what to name my baby...I have lots of ideas and I am open to suggestions.

I have a LOT of shopping to do in the next few weeks!!!! I'm taking a couple of vacation days when baby comes home. I know I won't want to go back to work after that...

So happy to hear that you and your furbaby have found each other, For what iots worth, I woukd have gone with the more adventurous puppy as well. Have fun naming your little guy. I can't wait to find out what it will be! Also when he's a little older and had all his shots we should have a playdate. Zena and Ziggy want to meet your little one!

Julie, yes! And I just found out yesterday that you can take doggies to John Lloyd State Park beach as long as they are on a leash...I have an annual park pass, I live two minutes from there, and I have a small SUV that will hold all our doggies so once baby is big enough, let's go! A friend had her dog there yesterday at a picnic and the doggie was having a blast!

I think he's going to be a rather sweet looking boy when he's grown up. So I think a nice soft sweet sounding name like Toby.

Funny you should say that, Pauline. The breeder said he is not going to grow up to be a very masculine looking dog. The pup I didn't choose is extremely handsome and all boy, but all things considered, including his mom and grandmom's personalities compared to the other boy's mom's personality, I think my boy will be the more athletic of the two. The other boy would be PERFECT for someone who watches a lot of TV, which is not me, LOL!

Oh Debby, he is sooooo sweet!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you!!! Make sure to take lots and lots of photos of him when he is so small....they grow up so quickly!

congratulations! he's adorable, so hard to pick names though.. in the end I chose my names from a rose book. Roseita (Rozie) and Pascha.

Congratulations, he's gorgeous, any thoughts on a name yet?.......how about Rocky icon_nwunsure

I am chuckling, no, no closer yet! Still have a list I'm thinking about...my partner and I love the name Bobby or Robby, but we already have two Rockys (a cat and a dog, both named Rocky before we met each other) and we think Bobby or Robby may sound too similar to Rocky.

I am a librarian and I checked out three puppy care books during my lunch hour today...I want to be ready for baby boy!

Oh yes and regarding pictures, I plan to take at least one photo a day of him to chronicle his growth! :snap: Maybe my baby will even have his own blog, LOL!!! :cffee:

Congratulations on your new furbaby Debby :flwr: he looks so gorgeous and cuddly :luv:........... enjoy!!

Congratulations Debby! He is so cute and I'm sure you're so excited to bring him home. One of the other names we really liked was Oliver...we ended up naming our baby boy Miles :)

Back