• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ginger found a new daycare, very HAPPY!

Ginger's Mom

Hello all,

Many months ago I posted a thread about a nightmare Ginger went through at her daycare. You can read about it on this link: http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=17303

Anyways after a long-time searching, I am so happy to announce that we found a new daycare for Ginger and we are very very happy with it.

It is a small daycare place, with 5-6 dogs in a room maximum and all the dogs I've seen there are equal size or smaller than Ginger. There is no loud barking or agression like the other place. All the dogs are calm and sleepy, just like our little baby. :)

Unlike the other daycare place where the facility was in a large warehouse with 20-30 dogs on loose, this place feels like a real home. It's housed inside a building so you don't worry about the temperature getting too hot or too cold. They even have a TV with a comfortable couch so the dogs can mingle and watch America's Funniest Animal!!!! Laugh Out Loud!!

The best of all, this place is literally RIGHT NEXT to my workplace. It takes less than 3 minutes to get there and I can even drop by during lunch to see her. The other place took 40 minutes to get to from work and it was a pain.

I wish I had known this place before (place was miraculously found - they don't seem to do any advertising at all), because after the incident at the other daycare Ginger's personality changed toward other dogs and she is still coping with it. But I am very glad to have finally found a social place for Ginger where she and I both feel safe.

I will take some pictures of the new daycare place and post them later on. Really cute place. I live in Orange County and if anyone wants more information about this place (located where 5 and 405 Fwys meet), please PM me.

:rah::rah::rah:So pleased:rah::rah::rah:

Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Here are the pictures of the daycare:

Small dog's area
Miami_02_2007416.jpg

Outdoor area
Miami_02_2007419.jpg

Sofa
Miami_02_2007413.jpg

Happy Ginger
Miami_02_2007393.jpg

Oh goodness....

Oh dear I just read your other post and I was horrified. That's just not acceptable at all...

I'm so glad Ginger has a new daycare and it looks beautiful! Best of luck to her there - I bet she'll be quite happy! :dogwlk:

Thank you Kerry... I feel so relieved... I think the other daycare wouldn't have been so bad if Ginger had a different personality but she is such a calm and submissive dog as all Cavaliers are. Thanks for your kind words.

Last edited:
What great news! And Ginger does look so happy! This new place looks wonderful! I am very happy that you have found such a perfect place that makes you and Ginger happy!

This looks so great!! Congrats on a what seems to be the perfect find for Ginger.:)
I don't know how I missed your earlier post, but oh my gosh, I would have flipped had that happened to my dog. That is just irresponsible, to say the least. There is just no other reason for that to have happened except for negligence on their part. Good for you for moving on. :dogwlk:

Thank you Jen and Lynn... Can't wait to take her again in a few weeks. Daycares are expensive in our area so we do this twice a month only. Ginger did like the place a lot and was so tired when she got back from the place.

Wow, the new day care looks wonderful!

I remember when you posted about that bad experience :yikes. I'm glad you discovered what was happening and got her out of there!

Back