• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Now peeing on request

George

** Sorry I just realised that my heading is incorrect, it should read "NOT peeing on request"

We have a 12mth old male and he has always gone to the toilet every night before bed and first thing in the morning without any problems. We just have to give our "toilet" command and away he went. Lately he is not doing this on command and expecially when it's on my husband's request, we are still treating him each time he goes to the toilet on command so it wouldn't have anything to do with this.
Has anybody any advice for me on how we should approach this.. allot of patience I presume!!

Last edited:
Welcome to "living with a teenage dog!".

We had the same problem with Chester. He is just over a year and started to do this a couple of months ago.

I went through a stage of standing in the garden in my pyjamas waiting for him to pee in the morning. He seems to have got back into the routine now but I have to shut the baby gate & not let him out of the kitchen until he has gone outside for a toilet first. I just think you need to be firm with them.

Evenings are a little different. Some nights he goes & some nights he is more interested in chasing the bugs around the garden. Although, I must say that he has never had an accident during the night & doesnt wake us to go out. So I dont stress so much if he doesnt go.

We do take his water up at around 9pm to stop him needing to go once he is in bed.

Back