• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Drooping Eyelid

ClaireH

I noticed when i came home from work that Bonnie's left eyelid is drooping shut nd half shut. And the corner of her eye looks redder than normal. She's bouncing round as usual-playing with her toys and following me round the house so i don't think it's hurting her. I wiped her eyes and there was no squirming or crying-just the usual tail wagging! I'm at a loss. Any ideas what could be causing it? :confused:

Sounds like she either got something in her eye, which may now be gone but which irritated it, or has something that needs seeing to. If it still is red in the morning and half shut, call the vet for advice. They will likely want to look at it. If she has something like s scratch she may need lubricating drops for example or it can worsen into a corneal ulcer. There are lots of eye conditions it could be too -- so have it checked if it hasn't gone away.

Yeah what Karlin said. Hopefully just an irritation of some kind but if it doesn't settle fairly fast I'd be getting the vet to take a look. Let us know what happens eh?

it was really annoying her last nite so i rang the vet and he said he'd see me first thing this morning. he's normally closed on a wednesday but he didn't want to leave it til thursday because it's the same eye that he was going to do a small op on the tear duct when she was being neutered. he thought it might have something to do with that. anyway ... she has conjunctivitis-gave me some drops that should clear it up!

so right now she's running round with big luminous green eyes (he put a dye in to look for damage on the cornea) and is EXTREMELY hyper!!!! :p:p very funny to watch!

thanks for the replys!

It is a relief to hear it isn't anything too serious and hopefully the eye meds will have it fixed up really soon.

Back