• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what should I do

Aileen

I have find a little cavalier puppy for sale for £100 I dont know what to do part of me knows that this little one might have come from a puppy farm but he looks only about 10 weeks old what would you do?
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

It's very hard to tell origins of dogs but at that price it is either a BYB or puppy farm dog. It won't be from a good, caring, health focused breeder -- with all the risks that implies.

Here's my rescue perspective: I don't buy dogs from ads except in exceptional circumstances, for rescue -- and then ONLY if I am sure they ARE puppy farm dogs (adults) who might be condemned to a further life of breeding otherwise, and which don't cost much to start with.

I never buy puppies -- plenty of people will buy a puppy so it isn't really 'rescuing' anything. Some family will probably buy it. If you want a new puppy and are willing to take a big health risk, that's your option but it does just continue to put money into the pockets of puppy farmers and support that whole cruel system. I think it is better to spend time rather than money lobbying on puppy farm awareness with politicians etc, and reserve your cash to support a reputable breeder if you want a puppy. (y)

It is not that I want a puppy I just saw it the next puppy/young aldult will be from some one who does all the health test thanks for the answers
I donnot want to put money into puppy/farms because that will mean another little dog will land up replacing it
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Have a word with Audrey Stokes, the Midlands rescue person. On another forum, someone mentioned seeing a puppy at a carboot sale, being offered for £100 and she said they should have bought it and the rescue would have repaid them. I don't know whether the policy still holds, but worth a try. She lives in Telford and you can find her number on the general rescue site.

I think it will be really hard once you see the puppy, not just because of attraction but also because of sympathy knowing that the puppy comes from a puppy mill. But I think I'd bite my tongue hard and walk away. It will be very difficult knowing that I just passed a "victim" but that is the way it needs to be done.

Back