PDA

View Full Version : Feeding tmes?

brid kenny
25th September 2007, 09:17 PM
For those of you who feed your dogs once or twice a day.... What time/s do you do it at?

Claire L
25th September 2007, 09:37 PM
Hi BrĂ*d
I feed my two twice daily. Breakfast is usually around 8.30 am and dinner is at 4.30 pm. I like to give them time to digest their food before going out for a walk/run.
Why do you ask?

BarbMazz
25th September 2007, 09:46 PM
I feed mine twice per day as well. They have a morning feeding and an early evening feeding. I try not to feed at the exact same times because they get so used to a routine! I want them to be able to wait a bit and not be so insistent on eating at the same time.

Karlin
25th September 2007, 09:49 PM
I feed mine after their morning walk, so the time varies -- depends on when I get up! They are walked as soon as I am up and dressed -- I feed once a day at that time but their daily intake includes a few snacks and a biscuit before bedtime.

brid kenny
25th September 2007, 09:50 PM
Well Phoebe is on adiet and she is obsessed with food. So I feed her in the mornind and in the early evening but she has a hissy fit every so often barking and demanding more food. So I was wondering if I could avoid breakfast and feed her later on in the day?

Cathryn
25th September 2007, 09:52 PM
Yes you could do that, or you could try giving her 2 smaller meals so that she doesn't feel left out/cheated instead?

Caraline
26th September 2007, 02:18 AM
I too don't like a routine for feeding as I like my dogs to be flexible (like the rest of the family :p ) regarding food. Having said that, mostly my guys get a small meal at breakfast time or thereabouts, and then a more substantial meal late afternoon. Some days I break that cycle though by giving them several small portiions during the day, rather than a main meal. Sometimes for brekkie they might only get a drink or milk or a biscuit. I just like to keep them guessing.