• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Feeding tmes?

Hi Bríd
I feed my two twice daily. Breakfast is usually around 8.30 am and dinner is at 4.30 pm. I like to give them time to digest their food before going out for a walk/run.
Why do you ask?

I feed mine twice per day as well. They have a morning feeding and an early evening feeding. I try not to feed at the exact same times because they get so used to a routine! I want them to be able to wait a bit and not be so insistent on eating at the same time.

I feed mine after their morning walk, so the time varies -- depends on when I get up! They are walked as soon as I am up and dressed -- I feed once a day at that time but their daily intake includes a few snacks and a biscuit before bedtime.

Well Phoebe is on adiet and she is obsessed with food. So I feed her in the mornind and in the early evening but she has a hissy fit every so often barking and demanding more food. So I was wondering if I could avoid breakfast and feed her later on in the day?

Yes you could do that, or you could try giving her 2 smaller meals so that she doesn't feel left out/cheated instead?

I too don't like a routine for feeding as I like my dogs to be flexible (like the rest of the family :p ) regarding food. Having said that, mostly my guys get a small meal at breakfast time or thereabouts, and then a more substantial meal late afternoon. Some days I break that cycle though by giving them several small portiions during the day, rather than a main meal. Sometimes for brekkie they might only get a drink or milk or a biscuit. I just like to keep them guessing.

Back