• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

News: Patients visited by man's best friend

Pets as Therapy

My Ellie is a p.a.t. dog and has been for 3yrs.

We visit the elderly in sheltered housing. Ellie absolutely loves all the attention.

One lady is definate that Ellie cured her of her depression. How good is that.
I also enjoy the experience of sharing my dogs with those not able to have a dof of their own.

We will be P.A.T.ing this afternoon.

That was a lovely feel-good story. Isn't it wonderful to see that the sterile hospital ward is being replaced one where it is seen that the emotional wellbeing of the patient is just as important as the physical.

My Lily would enjoy therapy -- she loves, loves, loves people, especially children, so I have thought about this with her. But Leo and Jaspar would never make it -- they don't like that level of attention!

how much fun is that?? I love therapy work and I am so glad that I found this breed. Even when I did pet therapy work with my labrador I still didn't get the response that I do when Sunshine walks through the doors.

Back