• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Problem with barking

clark67

Hi Harvey is 5 months old now and seems to have got a new annoying habit of barking. I'm sure it's for attention but it's really hard on the ears. Whats the best thing to do? Also how do you teach the quiet command that I've heard mention of before?

My Ginger was a quiet dog but she started barking after 5-6 months of age. I'm sure others on this forum will give some good advice. One thing though, don't use those electric shocker things on Harvey. I think it's so mean.

My tri boy Harry loves to hear the sound of his own voice and would bark all day long if I let him. I find he does it a lot more when bored or under stimulated. Could this be the case for you or is there a trigger eg, cats, birds etc ???

If it is boredom I would encourage lots of walking to tire him out and purchasing some interesting and interactive toys.
If it is triggered such as noises or movements you may need to use the quiet command, I found a link with a way to teach it. not sure how good it is though as I have not used it

http://petcaretips.net/teach-dog-stay-quiet.html

Good luck

Back