• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Who likes the rain?

clark67

Harvey is 5 months old and has not got much experience of the rain. When we do take him out he only wants to go to the trees across the road and then instead of carrying on walking up the road he pulls like mad to get back up the driveway. When he then comes in he starts rubbing himself all over the carpet as he does when he has just got out of the bath :dogwlk:

:lol: Typical! Many years back I had a girl called Kirsti who we had to forcibly evict in the morning if it was raining! I kid you not! She would bomb to the back door, get as far as one paw out of the door, feel rain and freeze! Kirsti had THAT look (You all know THAT look!) the "You want ME to go out in THAT? You have got to be joking!!" look? :lol: We would pick her up, plonk her outside and firmly shut the door behind her, it was the quickest of "potty" sessions you have ever seen, then hammering on the back door to come back in again, my OH timed her one day, 2:35!! Mean while the others are all bombing around getting well and truly soaked and stinking the house out with "Eau de wet doggy parfum!" :rotfl: boy do I miss that girl!! At least she smelt sweet!! :D When the others all smelt :grnyuk:

Jasper hates getting wet too and hides in the morning if he sees its wet outside cos he knows I'm going to make him go outside. He wont go near the sea either when we take him

Yep my Jaspar is like that, even though he loves water if it means swimming or wading. Just not when it falls from the sky. :rolleyes: Leo is less bothered by rain, and Lily doesn't care at all! Jaspar actually looks suspiciously out the mailflap to check the weather if the previous walk included any measure of rain. :lol:

My two girls, India and Chocolate, hate rain. Geordie on the other hand is a good sport about nearly everything, including rain.:)

There is some mystery about the actual origins of our breed, ie what breeds other than King Charles were used, and there is a huge possibility that one creature used was not a dog, but a mogwai.( Look at how many cavaliers are called Gizmo.)

Now any cavalier who knows of this ancestory knows that the cardinal rule is to avoid getting wet, or aweful things will happen.

My lot are well educated and have a special device, invisible to humans , to remind them. Across my back door is a special membrane. Should anyone get too excite about 'out' and rush through the door , towards wet and the unmentionable, they are immediately catapulted back to the safety of the kitchen.

Cathryn, I think your lot should get one of these appliances before somethiing aweful happens in Polesworth. I only have three, but all yours loose, after morphing is unthinkable. (Just had visions of them on the trampoline and throwing eggs at the neighbours),

Cleo HATES the rain. Summer 2006 was very dry in Cork and that was her first summer. The first day we had her out walking when it rained - she was about 4 months old, she couldn't understand what was going on, but knew she didn't like it. :( She howled! When we got her home she wasn't sure how to dry herself and just stood outraged in the centre of the living room and barked and barked indignantly. :mad: It was very funny! :lol:

Now when it rains, she won't go out. Like Cathryn's Kirsti she has to be forceably evicted. It's a very tough choice for her when we go for a walk and it's raining. On the one hand, she wants the walk :dogwlk:, on the other she doesn't want the rain :yuk:. So she runs the walk and keeps trying to steer you on the quickest circuit back to the house. She also knows all the drain pipes and shoots that don't work properly and so are mini waterfalls and all but crosses the road to avoid these en route! You have to love her! :luv:

There is some mystery about the actual origins of our breed, ie what breeds other than King Charles were used, and there is a huge possibility that one creature used was not a dog, but a mogwai.( Look at how many cavaliers are called Gizmo.)

Now any cavalier who knows of this ancestory knows that the cardinal rule is to avoid getting wet, or aweful things will happen.

My lot are well educated and have a special device, invisible to humans , to remind them. Across my back door is a special membrane. Should anyone get too excite about 'out' and rush through the door , towards wet and the unmentionable, they are immediately catapulted back to the safety of the kitchen.

Cathryn, I think your lot should get one of these appliances before somethiing aweful happens in Polesworth. I only have three, but all yours loose, after morphing is unthinkable. (Just had visions of them on the trampoline and throwing eggs at the neighbours),

:rotfl:I`v not laughed so much in a long time, my two hate the rain if they have to go out, they stay under the eaves of the house where I have put gravel down round the paths, then they batter the door down to get in as soon a possible

My two will NOT go for a walk in the rain. I have tried putting their rain coats on but even that does not work. They look up at me like I'm torturing them and I always end up heading back home after 2 minutes :rolleyes:. Bella does what I call a "ballerina dance" if the grass is wet :)

Just found a photo of Amber this is her gizmo impression
DSCN0141.jpg

Back