PDA

View Full Version : Washing machine filters!

cavi lover
26th September 2007, 11:45 PM
Just a word of warning here!

My washing machine made a dreadful noise and ground to a dramatic end yesterday.

Well it has been repaired today and the problem? Dog hair in the filter which I had not removed soon enough and it got stuck in the pump causing it to cease up.

So remove your filter and clean after every doggy bedding wash is the advice given today by my Mr Fix It!

Hope to save you some money!

frecklesmom
27th September 2007, 12:03 AM
Groomer told me, after she'd had some plumbing repairs, that the plumber said when you have a lot of dog hair you should run a load or empty load with hot water-between cleaning the filter and running hot water the appliances should be good :-) But, where is the filter? Guess I need to read the manual :-). I didn't know there was a filter to clean.....

*Pauline*
27th September 2007, 12:27 AM
But, where is the filter? Guess I need to read the manual :-). I didn't know there was a filter to clean.....

Same here! :o

Cathy Moon
27th September 2007, 12:53 AM
I have a Maytag top loader, and you just pull up the thing in the center rotater - it has the fabric softener cup in it. You pull the whole thing straight up, and you can see all the dog hair!

Between the Dyson vac and the washer and dryer filters, I have enough dog hair to make enough yarn to knit a new sweater - every week when I wash dog beds, throw rugs and throws from the sofa and chairs! :lol:

Cleo's Person
27th September 2007, 11:10 AM
:eek::eek::eek: Never knew about this! Thanks for the tip. :)