• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Washing machine filters!

cavi lover

Just a word of warning here!

My washing machine made a dreadful noise and ground to a dramatic end yesterday.

Well it has been repaired today and the problem? Dog hair in the filter which I had not removed soon enough and it got stuck in the pump causing it to cease up.

So remove your filter and clean after every doggy bedding wash is the advice given today by my Mr Fix It!

Hope to save you some money!

Groomer told me, after she'd had some plumbing repairs, that the plumber said when you have a lot of dog hair you should run a load or empty load with hot water-between cleaning the filter and running hot water the appliances should be good :) But, where is the filter? Guess I need to read the manual :). I didn't know there was a filter to clean.....

I have a Maytag top loader, and you just pull up the thing in the center rotater - it has the fabric softener cup in it. You pull the whole thing straight up, and you can see all the dog hair!

Between the Dyson vac and the washer and dryer filters, I have enough dog hair to make enough yarn to knit a new sweater - every week when I wash dog beds, throw rugs and throws from the sofa and chairs! :lol:

Back