• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barking at 6am - any ideas?

casshon

Recently (in the last month) Molly has started waking around 6am and barking for about 10 minutes. If I ignore her she will go back to sleep. Initially I was going down to let her outside as we're still working on house training but I don't believe this is the reason she is barking.

A couple of months ago I started feeding them once a day in the mornings and I think now she is waking up with hunger. So this week I reverted to feeding twice a day. They get excercised before bedtime and I also gave them an extra blanket because it has been cold. Changing all of these things worked the day before yesterday but not this morning.

I should also mention that Molly is deaf so it's not a sound thats waking her up.

I get up at 6.45 so it's not too much of a problem for me but everyone else in the house gets woken up. I have one more idea which I am going to try and that is giving them a stuffed kong going to bed with some kibble in. Anyone got any other ideas please? h*lp

Just a thought.................could it be that you have timed your central heating to come on early??

I know when we did this, Rudee would take it as a signal to get everybody up for breakfast :lol:

I know when we did this, Rudee would take it as a signal to get everybody up for breakfast :lol:

Rudee sounds like Honey :lol:.

Thanks Claire, I just turned on my heating this week so I don't think that would cause her to wake. I even gave her an extra blanket hoping she'd be too comfy to wake early!

I know it's hard BUT if you can ignore her for a few days then she should settle down again :xfngr:

When Cara came to us she rose with the sun :lpy: and hubby used to get up with her but after a few days of this he started to wilt so I took over. I would just let her out for a wee and then straight back to bed. Now thankfully she sleeps until a reasonable hour and I usually awake to find a tilted head staring at me :wggle:She jumps up onto the bed and gets right in the middle so she can stare at whoever wakes up first. I have to say, it makes me smile every time :luv:

I have been ignoring her but it's been going on for a month now. She's a very persistent barker/howler. She stops after 10 minutes or so but it seems to have formed into a habit and I'm not sure what to do to stop it. I am going to try giving her a stuffed kong tonight to see if that helps :xfngr:

Perhaps you could send Cara over for a few days to sort Molly out ;o)

Back