• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bentley Update :)

Kerry and Bentley

As most of you know, I originally came to this board seeking advice on Medial Luxating Patella surgery. And boy did I ever get some great advice!! :) Thank you for that! Bentley had the surgery on Monday and had to spend a couple days at the doctor's to make sure everything went alright.

Well, my little boy came home on Wednesday and I am SO happy!! My parents went and picked him up for me since I was working and both my parents agree that they were so excited the girl behind the desk probably thought they were a little crazy :) But Boo is their first grandchild and they were not happy spending 2.5 days without him either!!!

So now that Boo has come home we're settling into new routines. He hangs out in the family room on his pillow with a fence around it so that he won't be walking around everywhere. I have a feeling this arrangement will be fine this week but as the drugs are starting to wear off, I'm noticing more of his outspoken behavior coming back. And if I know Bentley, he won't like not being up on the couch with us!

Overall, things are going great. He walks on three legs just fine - we like to call him Tripod but with how fast he's moving we're considering a change to Tricycle. :) He went for his first ride in his stroller yesterday and loves it! Below is a picture taken of me and Bentley before the first stroller walk.

Things are going great and I can't wait for my little boy to be 100% again! I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't seem too far away :) :)

Me and Bentley before the first stroller walk.

Last edited:
I wish I had had my stroller when Shelby got her knee done! Glad he's home and recuperating. Your set up sounds a lot like mine. I had Shelby in an x-pen (I made it smaller than normal) with her bed in it. She was so good about going into her pen....plus she got a treat every time she went into it. Before you know it you'll have a routine down.

Aww he looks so sweet in his stroller. I bet you made everyone smile when you took him out :D I hope he is back to normal soon.

I love that you call him Boo, because I call MY Bentley that too!! :D That has progressed to Booper, then Booper Looper!

I'm so glad he's doing well, and he looks VERY cute in his stroller!

Yay Bentley!! Here's to a healthy recovery! He's such a cutie in that stroller too. Hopefully I'll get to meet him soon! ;)

Fiona sends puppy hugs!

I am so pleased Bentley's surgery was such a success and I hope he has a really speedy recovery. You guys sure are very gorgeous in your photographs. Yeah I like the "Boo" bit too. I also call Sonny "Sonny-Boo" or just plain "Boo". :)

Glad to hear the surgery went well and that Bentley is making good progress. Love the pic of him in his stroller, hard to say who is smiling more, you or Bentley :lotsaluv:

:)Am so glad to hear it all went well, am getting nervous now that its almost time for Pascha to go in for her surgery. Hope he has a speedy recovery!

So glad to hear Bentley is doing well. He looks so happy in his stroller.

Lexie has her surgery tomorrow. So I have my :xfngr:. I am so nervous.

Back