• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A good day for rescue dogs and families

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I had a lovely day homing two rescue dogs -- first, homechecking a fantastic home for Ginger's puppy, and also, being there when a young female tri rescue named Coco (who, like some of my rescues that get sorted to fosters behind the scenes, hasn't really been mentioned much on the board) was collected by her new family.

In both cases the children were just so funny and delightful, and parents were very involved, had done their homework on getting a dog, had thought really carefully about managing a dog, and I am confident will give the dog or pup just the right environment.

I am very thankful to the board members who fostered and cared for these dogs -- Sallymum very kindly arranged to get Coco just after she had the own sadness of losing her own Coco and fostered her til she was spayed, then Amanda L took her in while I was away, and finally Tara minded her for the few days til she could be collected today. She has charmed everyone and is a really lovely dog off to a happy life in a busy family (in a new blue crate!).

Thelly and Gerry will say goodbye to the first of their surprise brood when the little girl now to be called Goldie (at least at the moment!) is collected tomorrow.

Some kids had VERY excited faces today! :lol:

It's moments like this when doing rescue work is especially worthwhile.

oh what a lovely day. Wonderful to ahve some happy endings - sadly sometimes they are few and far between, so it's great to read such good news.

Do you get to deliver the rescue dogs in person very often? It must be a great reward to see everyone so happy.:D

Coco is such a lovely little girl who especially loves kids. Im delighted that she is gone to her new home. She was such a sweet heart while she was here, even sneaking up to the bedroom one night getting under the covers and sleeping till morning. Mind u sam wasnt to happy about that.

Warms the heart hearing such great news! Thank you Karlin and everyone who helps do such valuable work. Well done!

I usually am the one taking the dogs to their new homes (as my rescue is just me!) but sometimes people will go collect them from the foster or a foster or driver will take them to the new home. Goldie's new family will go up and collect her from Thelly.

Just back today, I am so happy to hear that little Coco is in her new home, she is such a little sweetie, we all miss her here, especially Millie. Her new home sounds perfect!!!!

Karlin, what wonderful news!!!!! I am sure finding such perfect homes gives you such a satisified feeling. Thank you for all you do. You are an inspiration. Judy and Dixie

What a wonderful day, that must have made you so happy seeing such positive results to all the hard work that you and your foster carers do to achieve these lovely end results!

Back