PDA

View Full Version : FOUND: Six Cavaliers Missing in Fareham area UK

Sandrac
1st October 2007, 03:26 PM
Just seen this today on Doglost.
http://www.doglost.co.uk/forum.asp?ID=10951

they have been missing since Saturday - I do hope they get found soon.
Anyone in Fareham area please look out and spread word around.

*Pauline*
1st October 2007, 03:33 PM
Oh no! That's why I don't let family look after my dogs, people are so careless with leaving gates open.

coconut
1st October 2007, 03:45 PM
i do hope that they are found soon that would be so sad!

mishmosh
1st October 2007, 06:12 PM
I live in the area. I will keep an eye open for adult dogs for sale.

Edit: I just had a look and it's my cavalier's breeder - I recognise the leather sofa. The ruby pictured is his mother. None of the dogs have collars or tags either. They live down a country road in Wickham. I'll call them. :(

Kerry and Bentley
1st October 2007, 06:13 PM
Oh this is terrible! I sure hope that they are found soon :(

mishmosh
1st October 2007, 06:50 PM
Yes it is them. They've been missing since Saturday afternoon. 4 blen, 1 tri and 1 ruby. One of them is about to give birth next week too :(

freesia
1st October 2007, 07:19 PM
Bad enough to have one go missing but five and one to be a mother soon, poor things. I hope they get them back soon.:(

Mycavyangels
1st October 2007, 07:30 PM
i hope they all get found

mishmosh
1st October 2007, 10:40 PM
thanks very much for reporting this on the board. I'm going to go through the free-ads on the internet in case they are stolen and for sale.

Aileen
1st October 2007, 11:39 PM
I hope they are found soon
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Rj Mac
2nd October 2007, 10:26 AM
:xfngr: I hope they are found and returned home soon, Bad enough!if 1 of your dogs going missing, but all 6 of them:yikes My heart goes out to the owners, they must be in bits at the minute:flwr:

Cleo's Person
2nd October 2007, 12:38 PM
OMG!!!!!! I hope they are found soon. :xfngr: :xfngr:

Super Princess
2nd October 2007, 07:08 PM
:( thats horrible..keep us posted.
6 cavaliers...wow.
and a mom to be..thats so scarry...lets hope theyre found soon..ill pray for them

Nicki
3rd October 2007, 10:20 AM
Oh no! That's why I don't let family look after my dogs, people are so careless with leaving gates open.

I don't think the gate was left open - the dogs were let out into the garden with a Spinone and a Mastiff, a few minutes later they found the gate open - the big dogs returned but not the Cavaliers.

They are believed to have been stolen, the police have issued a crime number

There is a co-ordinated search taking place today at 12.30pm from the house - if anyone in the area {Wickham Hampshire} is able to help that would be great.

Owner can be contacted via Doglost on 01302 743361

Super Princess
3rd October 2007, 02:08 PM
it makes mor sence that they were stolen rather then just missing.

not that i know from experiance..but i would assume 6 missing cavaliers would be alot easier to track down then 6 stolen cavaliers.
A missing dog you ask neighbours you ask people in the area..someone would have seen somehting...and generaly if that many people know and spot one..on its own..theyll call someone.

stolen on the other hand..thats really sad :(

Sandrac
3rd October 2007, 04:00 PM
Keeping fingers and everything crossed - they have just been put into the re-united section of DogLost so that means they've been found - just waiting to see if we can get the full story. :rah:

mishmosh
3rd October 2007, 04:07 PM
Thankfully, they all turned up this morning. Long story. ;/

Aileen
3rd October 2007, 04:36 PM
Oh good
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Karlin
3rd October 2007, 04:39 PM
Oh my goodness! I am so glad for the owner and these dogs. Let us know the long story! This has been broadcast everywhere, with many organising a search that was to happen today (or maybe this is the result of the search?).

coconut
3rd October 2007, 05:17 PM
Oh i am dying to know how they were found!!

Debby with a Y
3rd October 2007, 05:20 PM
OH THANK GOODNESS!!!!!! :rah:

Cleo's Person
3rd October 2007, 05:23 PM
:rah::rah::rah: Tank goodness they were found! I'm so glad for the owner. Dying to know what happened.

Kerry and Bentley
3rd October 2007, 05:40 PM
HOOOOOOOORAY!!!! :rah::jump::wggle:cl*p:jmp2:

This makes me so happy to hear!

freesia
3rd October 2007, 05:57 PM
That's great news, bet the owners over the moon. Anymore on what happened to them?

Sandrac
3rd October 2007, 06:28 PM
Latest posting on Doglost! (As you can see I've been following this closely)

"Owner will post the story a bit later, but lets say 6 turned into 11, cos Sophie had her babies whilst away from home 5 healthy pups 3 dogs and 2 bitches. ALL DOING WELL "

Awww bless :luv: I am so happy for owner - its so rare these days to get happy endings. :rah::rah:

murphy's mum
3rd October 2007, 06:46 PM
Aw. Thank god they're all safe and sound

Rj Mac
3rd October 2007, 06:53 PM
:w**h**::w**h**:Fantastic, thank goodness they're home safe and sound, we're so relieved for the doggies and the owners,

They can breathe a little easier now cl*pcl*p

Karlin
3rd October 2007, 06:53 PM
Boy they are so very, very lucky to have them all back, with pups. :flwr: Anxious to hear the details now!

*Pauline*
3rd October 2007, 06:54 PM
Oh my! I never expected that. Can't wait to hear the story. Please post a link when the owner posts her story. Wow, can't believe it! :eek::rah:

BobbyPuppy
3rd October 2007, 06:56 PM
This was just everyone's nightmare. Does anyone know where they were?
Hurray that they're back :rah:

Mycavyangels
3rd October 2007, 08:24 PM
Oh iam soo Glad they were found :D

Cathryn
3rd October 2007, 10:16 PM
Only just found this story, incredible is about all I can say! :eek: To get them all back and a litter of healthy pups, can't wait to read this truly incredible story!! :eek:

Cleo's Person
3rd October 2007, 10:40 PM
:w*w:pups and all!!! Amazing. I can't believe that the pups came while the dogs were lost. Can't believe they all got home safe. Am sooooo looking forward to hearing the entire story.

frecklesmom
4th October 2007, 01:26 AM
On doglost owner discusses the finding-click on first of her Cav's listed. Wasn't sure I could bring statement to here. The whelping hadn't been completed when she got them back-whew..

Debby with a Y
4th October 2007, 01:32 AM
It took a lot of clicks to get to, so I'm copying it here.

i wuld like to say a heartfelt thanyou to evary one who helped in the search for my girls,they were found when a close freind phoned a vet not used by me,and was told a lady had come in and said she had found the dogs walking in the lane and thought they had been dumped,so took them home.she said she had phoned the police and they had told her to phone" paws "who i had never heard of.any way i was given this ladys phone number and found out she lived 1/4 mile down the lane so instantly went and fetched 5home as sophie was half way through welping her pups,so shot home put up the welping box turned her heat lamp on rushed back and bought her home with her 5 babies all doing really well, why they wernt scanned is a mystery,but am so pleased to have them all home safe and well,and sorry it has taken me so long in posting this,but today has been just mad with the phone ringing non stop saying how pleased everyone is on their safe return.once again thank you every one for all the help and messages .it has been a great help in getting me through this nightmare

:rah::rah::rah::rah::rah::rah::rah::rah:

casshon
4th October 2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for posting the story. I'm so glad she got the dogs back. Thank goodness that woman took them home with her or they could have ended up anywhere.

Debby with a Y
4th October 2007, 02:12 PM
True, thank goodness a kind person took them in, and cared enough to inquire at the vet!!

It makes me realize that no matter how many stones you think you've unturned, you still may not reunite. Many years ago a beautiful Maine Coon kitten wandered onto my property. She had on a collar but no tags. :( We tried for two weeks to find her owner, including ads in the newspaper. We finally gave up and adopted the beautiful girl, but it makes me realize that a happy reunion can still be hit and miss.