• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pedegree Names....?

fun1uk

Thought it would be nice to know your pups pedegree names,you never know you might come across long lost family lol

Mollies KC name is Ciaravels Joy

xxx

Crikey where to begin?

OK with some of the dogs you know of I think!

Logan,the dog in my avatar, is Ttenneb Daydream Believer, Princess, who is the Tri girl who had the nasty eye ulcer, is his daughter and is Ttenneb Sweet Dreams, Crystal who had the puppies back in June is also Logan's daughter and is Ttenneb Crystal Rose, her 3 babies being retained by me are Ttenneb Galileo (Morgan) Ttenneb Rough Diamond (Teddy) and Ttenneb Saffron Rose (Sassy)

The kennel name Ttenneb is my surname, Bennett, reversed, I got the idea from Mrs Amice Hewitt-Pitt who was the most influential of the original breeders reponsible for the resurrection of the breed almost a century ago and also responsible for the Cavalier gaining seperate registration at the Kennel Club in 1945. Until then Cavaliers were registered as the long nosed variety of King Charles Spaniel!! Her Affix was Ttiweh!! Phew! Got there!! :lol:

I didn't pay to have Monty registered (the breedere wanted extra)

The others are all Acewalls (anagram of Wallace). This won't be recognised as they are from someone who doesn't breed often but

Teddy is Acewall Enterprise (mum and dad are Toraylac and Homerbrent)
Joly is Acewall Enchantment (mum and dad are Acewall and Graystaff)
and Izzy was Acewall All at Sea (mum and dad were Huntsbank and Salador)

Teddy is Acewall Enterprise (mum and dad are Toraylac and Homerbrent)-QUOTE

I have a few Toratlac on my kc cert and a Homerbrent :)

Last edited:
Teddy is Acewall Enterprise (mum and dad are Toraylac and Homerbrent)-QUOTE

I have a few Toratlac on my kc cert and a Homerbrent :)

Good lines to have too! I started out with a Toraylac dog, and and also a mostly Homerbrent bred dog, sound lines indeed!!
Barbara owns the litter brother to my young boy Darcy 's (Ttenneb Azario) father, Acewall Enigma from Toraylac, currently in Poland taking the Euorpean show world by storm!! (y)

I have had a question...although Barkley will be neutered, I want to register him so I can do obedience and agility with him.

How do I pick a kennel name? His mother is a Blue Tide. His father is a Rytonian now owned by Torlundy. Do I pick one of those kennel names or make up my own? I've decided that his formal name will be Captain Morgan (the pirate, not the rum!) but not sure about the kennel name...was going to ask his breeder but since this topic is live... :razz:

Not sure how the AKC work things but here in the UK the breeder of the litter will usually put his/her kennel name on all puppies bred/registered by them.
You mention the kennel name Rytonian? (This is a UK Kennel name belonging to Bill Moffat) Wouldn't by any chance be Princetown? I used him at stud a while back but my girl had problems and missed, sadly she can never have any babies, most sad indeed, but Princetown (Norman) was a stunning boy!!

Anyway, it is the breeder of the litter, I.E the owner of the bitch at the time of whelping who has the right to name the puppies and their kennel name goes at the beginning of the puppies name. Should you decide to have your own kennel name then it goes on the end as a "suffix" I.E Ttenneb Daisy at Hightowers" for example. Hope this helps?

If it's the same as the UK, for the agility/obedience register, you don't need to have an affix, though some people who have several dogs like to start them with the same first word, so people know whose dogs they are. The choice is yours, provided that someone else hasn't used the name already.

You mention the kennel name Rytonian? (This is a UK Kennel name belonging to Bill Moffat) Wouldn't by any chance be Princetown? I used him at stud a while back but my girl had problems and missed, sadly she can never have any babies, most sad indeed, but Princetown (Norman) was a stunning boy!!

Cathryn, YES!!! Barkley is Princetown/Norman's son!!! He is owned by Patricia Kanan (Torlundy) in California, and she was kind enough to e-mail three photos of him to me. I'm sad to hear about your precious girl.

Yes, your explanation makes perfect sense. When I mentioned Captain Morgan to Keith (the breeder) he liked it. So maybe my baby will be Blue Tide Captain Morgan?

My boys are both Ronnoc -- Ronnoc Carol's Boy (Jaspar) and Ronnoc Gizmo (Leo) -- the breeder hated Gizmo but his daughter wanted to name him that and she was intending to show him so that's the name he got. One reason I named him Leo was that it was fairly close to Gizmo.

Lily is a pound girl so her former name is forever a secret -- but I would guess she's a little BYB girl without any kennel affix. She answered right away to Lily and Lily she's been ever since. :)

Chloe is "Beota's jewel queen of the sea" & Heidi is "Little Miss Behaving"

Maggie's registered name is Gleneire's Royal Porsche - a name I think would have been more suitable to a sleek greyhound than a goofy cavalier. When she gets a full head of steam, she looks more like a Volkswagen Rabbit than a Porsche.

Back