• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A bad time.

Harvey's Mum

Hi Everyone
Its been a while since i have been on. We have had a bad couple of months just lately. We lost my sister in law in June which was very unexpected for us but she had known for 4 years about her illness but kept it from us. We have been trying to help my husbands brother with the children aged 4 and 6 so you can imagine how heart wrenching it has been. Things are getting a little easier for him but it will take time.

On a happier note i would like to introduce our new baby boy Rudi, we collect him in 3 weeks. He is a Ruby boy and i hope harvey will love him. The picture is of him and his brother Barney who my friend is having, this is someone who never wanted a dog and i emailed her a picture and that was it she was having one. Anyway enjoy the pictures Rudi is the one on the right. My husband chose the name couldnt call him ruby so turned the b into a d and you get Rudi.

1478180103_3f80105717_m.jpg

Anna (Mum of Harvey and Rudi)

Last edited:
Rudi looks absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see all the photos as he grows up.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. You and your family are in my thoughts at this difficult time.

Oh, that's very sad about your sister in law. It must have been hard on her too to hide her illness, but sometimes that is what people are more comfortable with, I guess. I can imagine it is a difficult time for the children, especially when they are so young, and her husband.

I am sure Rudi will help everyone feel a little bit better once he arrives. He is a real cutie! :)

I fixed the img tags so the pic would show BTW.

We're so sorry to hear about your sister in law, You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers :flwr:

Rudi is a cracker, hopefully he will help to shine a little light in this difficult time :hug:

So sorry to hear about your sister in law.

Congrats on little Rudi! He sure is adorable. And how fun that your friend will have his brother!

So sorry to hear about your dear sister-in-law and I too hope that little Rudi will bring sunshine into your lives and give you all a reason to smile again. I recall so vividly the week our daughter was told that she would lose her baby how our new baby Cavalier helped in his own small way to lighten her heart. He slept on her tummy afterwards and to this day they have a very special bond. I truly believe that animals can be a therapy to us at times of emotional need, but Cavaliers seems to have an absolute talent for it.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

My nephews maybe coming for Christmas so guess who will get spoilt rotten. The boys are looking forward to seeing Rudi, they already love Harvey.

Yes Cathy it is going to be great that my friend is having Rudi's brother, we see them most weekends and go on holiday with them, so they will see each other very frequently. We have ditched going abroad in summer next year (though we are going to Florida for Christmas 2008) so that we can take all 3 dogs with us, though we are struggling to find somewhere that will take 3 dogs but we will keep searching.

Thanks again everyone.

Anna (Mum of Harvey and Rudi)

I'm sorry to hear about your sister in law it's sad and her children are so young
Congratulations on Rudi he's gorgeous, a little prince as also is his brother Barney

That is really sad about your sister in law. I am sorry to hear this.

Rudi is a real sweetie. :flwr:

so sorry to hear the news about your SIL - always very tragic esp when young children are involved :(

I hope the new puppy will bring some joy into your lives.

Back