• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barkley's Home!

Debby with a Y

OMIGOSH my puppy man is sooooo wonderful!!! He laid down in his crate on the way home and didn't make a peep. One of my old Cornish Rex cats became his new best friend within two minutes flat...maybe less! Four of my five cats have already befriended him; the fifth is hiding but he'll warm up too, he's the gentlest of the bunch and my little scaredy cat.

What everyone said about Cavaliers being clingy is TRUE...I thought I was going to have to attach his leash to my pants to keep him in sight but it turns out he can't stand it if I'm out of his sight. He's lying in a little cat bed I bought for him, right by my feet, enjoying a Merrick flossie. He's already found many of the cat toys and has moved them next to his new puppy toys on the floor pad I bought for the living room for him.

Pictures soon but I wanted to let y'all know that he's home, he's happy, and I am head over heels in love!

Awww! Congratulations! : D Hope everything'll go well, give us lots and lots of pictures!

Hi Debby! He's gorgeous. You're so lucky that your cat(s) have befriended him. My little cav loves the cats but they look at her like she's absolutely CRAZY if she thinks they're going to be friends.

They don't fight, though. They just give her dirty looks.

oh Debby, Barkley is just the sweetest little thing, isnt it nice that Milosh has made him his friend already:luv:

:rah: congratulations on your little angel:rah:

lisa

Debby:

How are you ever going to stand all that cuteness around all the time? He's just adorable. Enjoy!!!!!

Congratulations Debby! He's so sweet, and lucky that your cats are being so nice to him! Only one of our cats likes Miles : )

Many congrats and I know just how you must be feeling right now. Wish you and your little guy Barkley so much fun and joy together.

OMG Debby! Barkley is so adorable. I am so so glad you were able to get a referral to someone near you to. Cherish this little man! I falling for someone else's Cavalier! :lotsaluv:

He is beyond adorable!

Hi Debby! Your baby is simply precious and I am sooooo jealous as I am patiently a mom in waiting. Still in a holding pattern on my breeders waiting list. Can't wait! Congrats to you and your family!:rah:

I really enjoyed your pictures! :snap: Barkley is really cute. I hope you have submitted a picture of him for this year's calendar. I love that your cat has made him feel so welcome.

May I brag that I have the world's most perfect pup? I've had him for 24 hours and he hasn't done a single naughy thing yet! I am so glad his breeder insisted on keeping him until he was 12 weeks. He has not had an accident in the house yet, and he pees and poos pretty quickly outside. He so much wants to be right with me that he walks right with me, OFF lead, in my fenced yard. I don't want to walk him on the sidewalk yet because he doesn't have all his shots yet, but the yard is big enough for puppy walking practice.

He slept pretty good through the night in his crate next to my bed, he whined for about a minute when we went to sleep, and woke up two other times in the night and whined about a minute both times...I softly told him I loved him and go back to sleep and he did. This morning I got up early so that he could do his business and his crate was clean and dry. Good boy!!!

He hasn't chewed anything that isn't a dog toy or chew, and he only barks when a loud noise startles him...that would be twice so far. He just wants to be where I am; right now he's happily gnawing a Merrick Flossie by my feet.

I'm so happy that I took a few days off to be with him. He is bonding with me nicely. It's quite the mutual admiration society that we have going here!

Back