PDA

View Full Version : What's your Favourite Colour?

Cathryn
6th October 2007, 02:02 PM
OK folks!!

I adore a nice Blenheim, and well marked Tri-colour is incredible to see, as too is a Black and Tan in full coat with a soft head and expression, same can be applied to Rubies too. But which is YOUR favourite Colour on a Cavalier?

Thought I'd open a poll on this, get voting!!

inca
6th October 2007, 02:33 PM
urmmmmmmmmmmmm really hard one Cathryn

it would have to be the black and tan for me followed close by the tri-colour
but then i have all 4 colours and love them all :)

Aileen
6th October 2007, 02:33 PM
I had got to vote for Rubes but really I have not had all the colours yet I love all the colours
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie--Sam)

lady and amber
6th October 2007, 02:39 PM
Has to be the B/T for me then the Ruby wouldn't say no to a tri though

jennifer
6th October 2007, 06:40 PM
This a tricky question. It wouls have to be a Blenheim for me. But love ever colour still.:thmbsup:

Debby with a Y
6th October 2007, 07:24 PM
They are all MAGNIFICENT but Barkley told me I had to pick Blenheim or he would cry all night. :razz:

Rj Mac
6th October 2007, 07:36 PM
Lucy and Megan made me vote blenheim or they would bully jake if i didnt!!:rolleyes:

but i just love all the different colours:luv:

lisa

debjen
6th October 2007, 07:42 PM
Well the Blenheim was my first favorite..but I just love Cedar's head shots and I suppose part of that is his coloring..so currently Blenheim and Ruby are my favorites..but of course I don't have any other colors.............................yet

Cathryn
6th October 2007, 07:57 PM
They are all MAGNIFICENT but Barkley told me I had to pick Blenheim or he would cry all night. :razz:

Lucy and Megan made me vote blenheim or they would bully jake if i didnt!!:rolleyes:

but i just love all the different colours:luv:

lisa

:rotfl: :rotfl: Love it, you are both officially crowned True pets of your Cavaliers!! :rotfl:

Debby with a Y
6th October 2007, 08:00 PM
You made me laugh so hard that I woke up my baby (dog)!!! :rotfl:

You are right, it's obvious who rules the roost here... :razz:

Claire L
6th October 2007, 09:43 PM
I absolutely LOVE my two Tri girlies but having been owned by a Blenheim for nearly 13 yrs I just had to vote for Blenheim :lotsaluv:

Elaine 2
6th October 2007, 10:48 PM
If l could just choose 1 mine would be Blenheim l love them

Mycavyangels
6th October 2007, 10:52 PM
I love black and tans
I love Blenhiems
I love Rubies
I love Tris

Oh NOOO i cannot pick!
Ok if i do have to pick, it would be black and tans, i just love their look:) (Mini rottweilers:lol:)

simonrickell
6th October 2007, 10:55 PM
my fav colour is black/tan because my 1st cav was a black/tan ,tarmac :paw: (shirl)

mine is a close tie between - B/T and ruby. (Sorry Guinness and Bailey) - Simon:paw:

jld
6th October 2007, 11:01 PM
Well.....since my one and only is a blenheim, I will have to vote for blenheim. However, those tri babies are awfully cute !!!!!!!! Judy and Dixie (my blenheim baby)

Crittercall
7th October 2007, 01:54 AM
Although I have two rubies, I have the biggest soft spot in my heart for the blenheims. Probably because Wallis was my first Cavalier and for years the only ones I saw were blenheims because that's all the breeder I knew worked with. However, my Ruby Red Roxie came from her, so she's widening her range. (I'm still not sure how if worked that Roxie came from a Blen dad and a B & T Mom - genetics!)

WoodHaven
7th October 2007, 02:43 AM
The first cavalier I ever saw in person was a blenheim-- my #1 cavalier is a blenheim-- some of my favorite cavaliers that I've met were blenheim.

OhMarley
7th October 2007, 05:12 AM
I love both tri and bleinhm.. but thats because ive had/have both.... so if i had a b and t or a ruby ild love that too..... i love them allll

hbmama
10th October 2007, 12:35 AM
As I am a Cav mom in waiting.....I would choose blenheim, tri, ruby or black & tan......female or male. Puppy or teenager or whatever my breeder chooses to send me home with. :luv:

misty
10th October 2007, 12:19 PM
It's so hard to choose.

I love all the colours. At the moment, my fav colour is probably Ruby, but that's because I always wished for a ruby and, now that we have one, I can't stop looking at the way her coat catches the sunlight.

Love 'em all though - maybe B/T is my least fav, but maybe not ;)

Melissa
10th October 2007, 03:47 PM
I had to vote for a Blenheim since Maverick is my one and only.

Debby w/ a y... your comment at so cute!

The first cavy I had ever see was a ruby.. they are cute cute... and I would love to have a tri... someday.

Nicki
10th October 2007, 05:28 PM
Well my TedBear would never forgive me if I didn't vote RUBY - so despite all the Blenheims in the house, I did!!

Like Misty, I love the way the sun shows all the different colours in the Ruby coat - and they have heaps of personality too.

I do love my Blens though - so it was a very close run thing.

BobbyPuppy
10th October 2007, 06:03 PM
I spoke to a lovely breeder recently who was a real guru about cavaliers with over 20 years experience and I picked his brain on all sorts of stuff!
I asked him about why he only has blenheims and a few tri-colours and I said I adored rubies, he laughed and said they are 'perverse'!!
I said 'How do you mean?'
'Well, if you have 20 cavaliers running around a tree, a ruby will always go the opposite direction!'

I'm not sure how true you think this is. I have had two rubies (my second ruby pup just for 5 days now) and they both back this theory up - huge personalities, non-stop energy and a bit bonkers!
Another breeder said they are all or nothing - very chilled or absolutely crazy!
I love all colours though and my Blenheim is very beautiful to me! :luv:

Harvey's Mum
11th October 2007, 06:15 AM
Harvey has told me Blenheim, with him being our first cavalier it has to be him but Ruby's are a very close 2nd, we are getting our baby ruby in 2 weeks (can't wait).

I LOVE THEM ALL...

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Sharon 7
11th October 2007, 10:25 AM
I spoke to a lovely breeder recently who was a real guru about cavaliers with over 20 years experience and I picked his brain on all sorts of stuff!
I asked him about why he only has blenheims and a few tri-colours and I said I adored rubies, he laughed and said they are 'perverse'!!
I said 'How do you mean?'
'Well, if you have 20 cavaliers running around a tree, a ruby will always go the opposite direction!'

I'm not sure how true you think this is. I have had two rubies (my second ruby pup just for 5 days now) and they both back this theory up - huge personalities, non-stop energy and a bit bonkers!
Another breeder said they are all or nothing - very chilled or absolutely crazy!
I love all colours though and my Blenheim is very beautiful to me! :luv:

I would have to agree with that, my daughter reacons Sophie has ADHD
I love em all!!

Eeva
11th October 2007, 01:11 PM
Oh, that's so funny, Sharon! We had a ruby boy a long time ago, and he was just like that! If you wanted him to turn one way he'd go the opposite way. If you called him, he turned to the opposite direction waiting to see you there. We had so many laughs with our Sammy :D

I love all four colours, and of course I'll have to say blenheim most otherwise our girls will be offended. Tris are gorgeous too, and rubys but at the moment I'm particularly taken by black and tans.

lb0024
1st November 2007, 04:50 PM
I voted for Blenheims, but please don't tell my Molly that! :o

The Blenheims just look soooo sweet to me... that was my first choice, but I got Molly because she was a little older and figured that would make it easier on me for lots of reasons (housetraining, feeding, etc)... Molly is the BEST little cavvie, so tri-color would be my second fave color. :luv:

I find that most people, when they first meet her, think Molly is a boy - despite the PINK harness or collar that I have on her. I often wonder if the coloring looks male to people??? And I wonder if more people assume that Blenheims are female. Anyone with a Blenheim find that to be true? Or is just that people assume your dog is the same gender as their dog, and I meet more people who have male dogs!? Hmmm.... icon_nwunsure

-laura

cy1266
1st November 2007, 05:06 PM
Miles told me I had to vote for rubies!

Laura, people always think Miles is a girl - he does have that "soft" expression and he's very pretty, so I guess it makes sense...and he still pees like a girl! He's very energetic and loves to play like a crazy little boy, but at the same time he's kind of a baby - definitely a mamma's boy! :razz:

ice-cavi
2nd November 2007, 09:09 AM
Well I´m a sucker for dark rubys and "softfaced" b/t but I hvae yet to see a Cavalier that I did'nt find beautyfull:o

Thelly
2nd November 2007, 09:26 AM
My vote is for Ruby (Ginger and Bailey will be horrified!) But Lou is top dog with me and I love her little blonde furry feet. Have to go and squeeze her now!!!

Scouty girl
2nd November 2007, 11:57 AM
At first I thought the tri's were just the cutest things ever! But now after looking at so many puppy and dog pictures on this site I have to admit I am now turning towards the black and tans. All of the colors are beautiful. I thought long and hard about which color to get next, and have come to the conclusion that absoutely any color will do, even another tri, I really don't care. I just want a second cavalier.

Cavfan
2nd November 2007, 12:11 PM
Thats a really tough call because they're all so beautiful! But I think the Blenheims just have the edge theyre so distinctively Cavalier!