• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Crazy Cav chewer: Mail/Post guard/cage needed for PVC type door

msunter

Hello All

I was wondering if anybody on the board could tell me where we could purchase a mail guard for a PVC type door. Rio has taken to chewing the mail now and being a typical Cav we know how much the little rascal loves paper. Last week he shredded a DVLA letter of my Dad's. :D

We don't want to drill through the door as this would destroy the PVC and door itself. My Mum purchased the standard gold one from Argos but wasn't impressed by it she had managed to get self tapping screws and it couldn't even hold a few heavy letters without falling off :O

Is there anyone on the board who has a PVC type door that has a mail guard for their furry friends ?

Or are there any websites anybody could recommend.

Thanks again one and all. ;)

I needed one when Teddy took to killing the mail, but couldn't find one, so had to work on him. I started standing by the letterbox and firmly saying 'Mine' as he lunged forwards. Hesitation was rewarded with a treat and eventually 'Mine' was enough to make him leave be, even if i'm a distance away.

I try to keep the hall door closed when the mail is due and only have the odd accident with the evening paper, if I forget to be on hand.

Hi

We have put a mailbox outside on the wall near the door, it locks so your post is safe and doesn't get chewed. It also holds a newspaper aswell. Maybe an alternative!! It works for us, you can get them from any DIY.

Anna (Mum of Harvey

Back