PDA

View Full Version : 9 yr old Tri boy

AT
10th October 2007, 06:50 PM
A friend of a relative wants to rehome their cav because of a new baby. It is a 9 year old tri boy. not neutered , has a heart murmer but is not ill.
Sorry i don't know any more than that

Please pm me for further details

Rj Mac
10th October 2007, 08:25 PM
:xfngr:That someone can provide this elderly gentleman with a wonderful, loving retirement home:xfngr:

But just 1 thing, and I hope I don't sound cheeky towards your friend,as I have no idea of their situation, I'm not trying to, it's just why does a new baby always mean the dog has to go with some folk?.....What's the point in having a dog, if whenever a baby comes along the dog goes?

We had 2 dogs when Kieran was born, Jake was around 4, and Rebel our late GSD was Just shy of 12.......I'm sorry but I just don't get it?

AT
10th October 2007, 08:42 PM
I agree entirely. ( I don't know them myself)

When we were active in rescue we once were asked to collect a cav , They had the baby at about 5pm, went home , the dog barked at it ,So they rang us & we collected the dog by about 6.30pm

Rj Mac
10th October 2007, 08:47 PM
When we were active in rescue we once were asked to collect a cav , They had the baby at about 5pm, went home , the dog barked at it ,So they rang us & we collected the dog by about 6.30pm

:yikesStruth.....that's unreal, some folk just have no idea, do they?

Arne
10th October 2007, 08:51 PM
Oh Angela!! A tri boy.

Debby with a Y
10th October 2007, 09:38 PM
Oh, I hope he gets a loving home!!

I adopted a ten-year-old Abyssinian cat that was sent to THE POUND because the couple had a baby...it was obvious that Zachary had been VERY spoiled. Well, he pretty much died of a broken heart. He had a real bad case of failure to thrive and there was nothing we could do for him...put the poor old boy out of his misery a year later, he became really, really, really ill. I truly do not understand why they couldn't just keep him in a different room or something, it was so obvious how he missed his old family, very sad.

Barbara Nixon
10th October 2007, 10:16 PM
A member of Dogpages thought she had to part with her two cavaliers. She was distraught at the idea, but feared she wouldn't have time for them and a baby, but luckily people were able to persuade her that the dogs won't mind a little less exercise, for the time being,so they are staying and everyone is happy.

Melissa
10th October 2007, 11:57 PM
It's sad that some people are able to give up a pet in a wink of the eye. Not saying for friend is doing that... I just know too many people that have. I use to clean for a lady who had 2 teens and 2 toddlers... decided to get rid of her golden because he kept knocking over the toddlers... he was such a sweety... i quit cleaning for her after that...

I hope your friend can find a good safe home for him... or has a change of heart.

Eeva
11th October 2007, 02:16 PM
Ooh, a tri-colour :luv: I'd better not tell my daughter...

Cathryn
11th October 2007, 02:34 PM
I don't get some people, Cavaliers are about the best breed of dog to have around a new baby, toddler etc! My son's are both special needs and the dogs are wonderful with them and so patient :D

When I bought my first baby home I made a point of leaving her in her car seat and going to say Hello to the dogs first before getting her out, the dogs didn't feel pushed out of place and accepted her without barking, my old stud used to babysit her for me!! I'd be in the bath whilst she was asleep and he'd lie by the cot, if she started to stir, he'd come and tap on the bathroom door to let me know then go and guard the cot until I got there! :lotsaluv:

:xfngr: This lad finds a more loving and understanding home than the one he is currently in!

Harvey's Mum
12th October 2007, 11:58 AM
I just don't get some people. We had a 4 year old Rotty when my first son was born with no problems what so ever. Brett (the dog) would not leave my sons side he just wanted to protect him. If any one went near the crib he would be there with them, just making sure.

Like Cathryn I also went in to say hello to Brett before we brought in our new son, then we let him have a real good smell of him.

I hope he finds a new loving home soon. So sad that he has to leave his home!!

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Aileen
13th October 2007, 08:19 AM
Any news on this boy
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Elaine 2
16th October 2007, 01:17 AM
Has anyone heard if this lovely old boy has found a home yet

Karlin
16th October 2007, 01:24 AM
If you are interested in this fellow, you can send AT a PM to get more information. :)

frecklesmom
16th October 2007, 05:20 AM
When we had our babies our dogs were always so gentle and sweet around them. Wish parents-to-be would just give their pets a chance. After all, where else can they get unconditional love. Whenever I hear of this, I think of the following and wish it could be posted at shelters.

Help Urgently Required! Please help! After two long years of being on a waiting list for an exotic rare breed dog, we were finally notified by the breeder that at long last, our number has come up, and... WE'RE HAVING A PUPPY! We must IMMEDIATELY get rid of our children now, because we just KNOW how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be! Since our puppy will be arriving on Monday, we MUST place the children in new homes this weekend!!!

They are described as: One male, white, blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Name is Tommy. Temperament tested. Current on all shots. Tonsils removed already and very healthy condition! Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained and gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little time and training, he will do well in a new home.

One female, strawberry blonde hair, green eyes. Three years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Her name is Mary. Temperament tested, but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy and happy (mostly.) Gets along well with little boys, but does not like to share toys. She is house trained, and would do best in a one child household.

We really LOVE our children, and want to do what is best for them. I hope you understand, that ours is a UNIQUE situation, and we have a real emergency here! They MUST be placed by Sunday night at the latest. I hear that in Tennessee there are bins where you can leave off strays...does anyone know if there is something like that around here for children?

by Robyn Christensen (c) 1996

Rj Mac
20th October 2007, 06:29 PM
Any news on this gent yet? :xfngr:for him:xfngr:

Cleo's Person
20th October 2007, 11:56 PM
When we had our babies our dogs were always so gentle and sweet around them. Wish parents-to-be would just give their pets a chance. After all, where else can they get unconditional love. Whenever I hear of this, I think of the following and wish it could be posted at shelters.

Help Urgently Required! Please help! After two long years of being on a waiting list for an exotic rare breed dog, we were finally notified by the breeder that at long last, our number has come up, and... WE'RE HAVING A PUPPY! We must IMMEDIATELY get rid of our children now, because we just KNOW how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be! Since our puppy will be arriving on Monday, we MUST place the children in new homes this weekend!!!

They are described as: One male, white, blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Name is Tommy. Temperament tested. Current on all shots. Tonsils removed already and very healthy condition! Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained and gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little time and training, he will do well in a new home.

One female, strawberry blonde hair, green eyes. Three years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Her name is Mary. Temperament tested, but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy and happy (mostly.) Gets along well with little boys, but does not like to share toys. She is house trained, and would do best in a one child household.

We really LOVE our children, and want to do what is best for them. I hope you understand, that ours is a UNIQUE situation, and we have a real emergency here! They MUST be placed by Sunday night at the latest. I hear that in Tennessee there are bins where you can leave off strays...does anyone know if there is something like that around here for children?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Cathryn
21st October 2007, 01:24 AM

Totally brilliant!! :rotfl: :lol:

Any news on this gent yet? :xfngr:for him:xfngr:

Just echoing the same thoughts, any news yet??

AT
21st October 2007, 09:24 AM
Hello
no home yet unfortunatly

Arne
21st October 2007, 11:19 AM
What do you know about him Angela? Is he ok with people, eating, house trained, can be left at home ok, going in cars that sort of thing?

freesia
21st October 2007, 05:23 PM
Hope he finds a home soon. Has he got other problems, is that why they want a new home for him apart from the baby?