• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pascha's upcoming op

moonbeams

Well it's official, next Thursday, we are off to the vets for the first op on one of her legs for LP, am absolutely bricking it here and it's a week away. Of course she doesn't know yet so is lounging around the house like the Princess Pascha she is..

Have decided to take the following Friday off work to make sure everything is okay and that gives me the weekend with her too, though the vet assured me that I wouldn't need to.. :) hopefully I won't be panicking so much when she gets the second leg done.

*bites her nails*

Good that you'll take Friday off to be at home with her. I think you'll be amazed at how good she quickly feels. Shelby just amazed me and how quickly she adapted. The most important thing is to follow the directions of the vet re confinement. We had 8 weeks and it is super important that you not allow them to jump up or down or run. They will feel like it way before they are ready. Just remember....in the long run it will all be worth it!!

Wishing your little dog a positive and speedy recovery, and if he is anything like my Mum's little dog who had two knee joint ops some time back, then she will heal quickly and be right as rain before you know it. Keep focused on a positive outcome and remember we will all be thinking of you and wishing your little Princess only the very best of results.

Will be thinking of you and Princess Pascha and sending lots of positive thoughts.

One of my girls, now sadly at the Bridge, also had to have this op - she had both procedures done as her knee was such a mess sadly. It did heal really well though - but you do have to be so careful with them, they are so quick to do things you don't want them to do.

Is Pascha used to sleeping in a crate? If not, try to get her used to it before next week. You need to confine her esp at night when you can't watch her. I think the best advice I was given {thanks Cathy :) } was to raise the crate to the level of the bed so Peaches could see us - she settled better then.

She was also confined during the day, and taken out for pottying on the lead.

It is also good that you will be off the next day - always best to be there to keep a close eye on them after a GA.

Keep us posted, and I know it's difficult, but try not to worry too much as they pick up on that and it makes them a little anxious too. Do you have some Dr Bach's Rescue Remedy you can take?

hihi, sorry it took me a few days to reply but my computer hasn't been working..

Thanks for the tips Nicki,

I don't use crates myself, but I do have a puppy pen that folds to whatever dimensions I need so she will be in that, right beside my bed at night and fenced off in a small area of my back hall while I am at work. :)

Luckily my bed is low, Her bed is against the radiator (between it and my bed) and as she is deaf I keep my hand on her until her eyes adjust to the dark so she's not too far away at any time.

I work part time, but my mum is going to check on her in her lunch hour so she wont be on her own for more than a couple of hours at a time.

As I have another Cav, I felt it would be best to have my mum babysit her for at least the first week as they do play a lot together. But will see what the vet advises as to how soon she will be allowed some excersise. If I think the other Cav needs to stay at mums longer then she will.

Can't believe it's only a few days away now.. I think it's the thought of the GA that bothers me more than anything. It's only a couple of months since a friend of mine lost her puppy through a straightforward neuter, guess that's playing on my mind a bit...

I can sympathise with how you must be feeling and with your concerns about your little angel, but please try to keep focused on the positive things that you have heard from others and remember that your friend's experience though very sad is rare. Seems like you have everything so well organised to make sure that everything goes smoothly that now really you just need to leave everything in the good hands of your vet and all will be well. It sounds to me that Pasha can only but make an excellent recovery with having such a caring and loving Mummy. I shall keep thinking positive thoughts for you both.

Back