PDA

View Full Version : Flying Puppy

pinkpuppy
11th October 2007, 09:04 PM
Sorry if I have been posting sporadically these days. We just came back from a short pre-holiday vacation in California visiting my mom. It was really lovely to be home again hanging out with family. :) Visiting our favorite haunts and the food of course was out-of-this world!;) Being Fleet week in Northern California is always a real plus. What makes a celebration better than enjoying fireworks and a Blue Angels exhibition. :D

Okay... I'm sure everyone is curious who came home with me. He doesn't sit still. I don't know how you all manage to take such gorgeous photographs of all the Cavaliers here. Please forgive me for the half action pics.

Enjoy the :snap: :D

Without further adieu...

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/pinkiwhatever/Family045.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/pinkiwhatever/Family061.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/pinkiwhatever/1.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/pinkiwhatever/3.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/pinkiwhatever/2.jpg

Cathryn
11th October 2007, 09:08 PM
Aww! :lotsaluv: Congratulation's, he's adorable, but what is his name??

mrsfarmer
11th October 2007, 09:18 PM
He's SO CUTE! Love his freckles!

cy1266
11th October 2007, 09:21 PM
Congratulations!!! I know you've been waiting so long for a puppy - he's adorable!

pinkpuppy
11th October 2007, 09:28 PM
ooops...icon_blshing My DH named him after his favorite band :rolleyes: Tricky. Though I really wanted a tri-color or b/t little girl. I guess a little boy is just as lovable. I just can't stop him from licking me to death! :rotfl:

Lynn
11th October 2007, 09:38 PM
Ohhhhh My goodness!!! Tricky is sooooo cute!!! Congratulations!!!!

Tell us more!!! We are all so happy for you!

Melissa
11th October 2007, 09:41 PM
omg he is sooo cute!!!! Looks a lot like Maverick. I'm so happy you were able to make your dream come true. :)

BarbMazz
11th October 2007, 09:41 PM
He's gorgeous! Love the freckles!

Kerry and Bentley
11th October 2007, 10:24 PM
I love Tricky! His freckles are so cute :)

I know a couple of people who saw the Blue Angels this past weekend also - I really wanted to make it across the Bay and into the city but it just wasn't working out. Hope you had a great time - Fleet Week is the best! :)

frecklesmom
11th October 2007, 10:28 PM
Tricky is adorable-in good company with his beauty spots (freckles :luv: ).

Ginger's Mom
11th October 2007, 10:31 PM
Yay Congratulations!!!! I say all the wait was all meant to be so you can meet this little guy. :) So happy for you

Karlin
11th October 2007, 10:32 PM
Congrats! :) How did you find a puppy so quickly in between your post on giving up though? Was this one of the rescues you'd been looking into or did one of the good breeders you'd been talking to come back to you?

jld
11th October 2007, 10:33 PM
CONGRATULATIONS...... Tricky is just darling. I am so happy for you. Judy and Dixie

KingstonsMom
11th October 2007, 10:37 PM
Oh I'm so glad you finally got the puppy you deserve! Take lots of pictures, they grow FAST!

Celticharmony
11th October 2007, 10:44 PM
Absolutley adorable, especially the little freckles! Any name yet?

Rj Mac
11th October 2007, 11:15 PM
Congratulations, Tricky is gorgeous :luv:

*Pauline*
11th October 2007, 11:18 PM
Congrats! :) How did you find a puppy so quickly in between your post on giving up though? Was this one of the rescues you'd been looking into or did one of the good breeders you'd been talking to come back to you?

Same as Karlin, dying to know! He's so sweet, how old is he? He looks older than Dylan when I first brought him home.

Caraline
11th October 2007, 11:20 PM
Congratulations. What a little cutie!

pinkpuppy
12th October 2007, 12:04 AM
Whew! I didn't know one little puppy can be so much work!;) I'm :luv:ing it though!:rolleyes:

Okay... Let see if I can give a short synopsis what happen between my last post. I was going to just take a break from looking for a Cavalier for awhile. Waiting it out and maybe get my landscaping going including a fenced in area for a future pup. We were starting to look for a young adult Lab or Golden Retriever rescue. Found this pup and his brother at a local shelter with my mom. They were rescued from a wretched home. I'm not too sure about the details and the rescue gave him an approximate birthdate of 4 months of age. Pretty healthy UTD with vaccinations. I have much to worry about his future since he has no background. We both filled out the applications. I'll be sharing him with my mom cause she paid for the adoption. Mom lives with my brother and they do have a fenced in yard. So it's really her pup. I get the potty work and all the good stuff.:lol: Though I think my mother just gifted me this little rescue guy. I feel fortunate right now besides holding my breath. He's not perfect, but I am already falling for his freckled face and crazy personality! He acts like a cat most of the time standing on his hind legs holding up his two front paws. It's so cute!:luv: Anyway... most of the :snap: were taken by my brother. Still can't get him to stand still for a good picture. I'll be taking him to the vet next week. This furbaby is already spoiled by all the kids! :luv:

Maxwell&me
12th October 2007, 12:17 AM
WOW! Thats some story- Im really shocked that a obviously very young puppy was at the local shelter. Darn those people that breed and then dump when the turn around isnt as fast as they thought.

pinkpuppy
12th October 2007, 12:22 AM
What is the biggest worry I should have for a rescue pup this young with no background?

Maxwell&me
12th October 2007, 12:27 AM
Legs, Heart...S.M. and it should be vetted right away ...What medical records did they send you home with? Im thinking hes had his first shots? Its up to the shelter to provide you with whats already been done......Im assuming they wormed him?

Karlin
12th October 2007, 12:32 AM
That's very rare to find puppies that young for this breed at a shelter -- what a lucky coincidence that these puppies came up locally.

The biggest worry is basically that you have no idea what his background is and that will always be a risk. There's not anything you can do but test regularly as he gets older. They will always run a far higher risk especially of problems like early onset MVD.

pinkpuppy
12th October 2007, 12:34 AM
Yes... He has UTD records for shots except rabies and deer ticks. We have also had to sign a document to provide the shelter when he is neutered. Otherwise we will forfeit being able to keep him. So am hoping my local vet will provide me with a closer age for him to schedule the procedure. *ouch* for this little baby. :(

pinkpuppy
12th October 2007, 12:38 AM
That's very rare to find puppies that young for this breed at a shelter -- what a lucky coincidence that these puppies came up locally.

The biggest worry is basically that you have no idea what his background is and that will always be a risk. There's not anything you can do but test regularly as he gets older. They will always run a far higher risk especially of problems like early onset MVD.

I wasn't expecting any either. My mom spotted them first. She's always looking for a cute little face that is needy, but she really wants any older medium size dog. Thought she was looking at some Beagle puppies instead when she told me to take a look at these two.

Maxwell&me
12th October 2007, 12:41 AM
O.K. I have to be honest here-

Bash away if you like but I really would like to give true help here. I dont believe that this pup came from a shelter- hes far to young and would have been sold online before being given up. ( he doesnt look 4 months to me, more like 12 weeks....)

Reguardless, if the members here can give you any help...hes already at your house, we need to know what you do know- and any background on the darling little guy. ...he is cute as a button and we all know this is what you wanted, but when I see gals that are doing true rescue....( and forgive me if Im totally off base here....perhaps he really was relinquished, but I find it very hard to believe they would give to the shelter before setting up a box at the local walmart for a hundred bucks....hes young and darling)

What history do you know. ?????

pinkpuppy
12th October 2007, 01:59 AM
Help is okay! :) No bashing for caring members!:flwr: Because I do not feel lucky or fortunate at all. But, this little guy looks like a Cavalier to me. He's been at the shelter for 2 weeks. According to the records at the pound he and his brother were rescued from an abandoned home and registered under mixed breeds among several other puppies from the same place. Which I think they forgot to change to reflect his breed since both were destined to be at a local shopping mall for adoption this week. They did make the notation on our application for a CKCS puppy. I only have paperwork for current shots for the local vet that we'll be visiting next week. Hope I will know more after his physical.

Debby with a Y
12th October 2007, 03:55 AM
Tricky is simply beautiful...I am so happy for you. I know how you feel, I had just about given up on ever getting a cavalier and along came Barkley. Tricky is precious and while there is a chance he will have health problems, there is also a chance that he will NOT have health problems. Raise him like the angel he is and feed him the very best food and just love on him like there's no tomorrow.

pinkpuppy
12th October 2007, 04:40 AM
Thanks, Debby!:) Planning to do just that. I can't wish him to be like Barkley. Tricky is who he is. A pup with no past with a present day life filled with the unconditional happiness to and from.:paw:

Debby with a Y
12th October 2007, 05:11 AM
I'll bet that they give us equal love and joy, though! :luv:

Aileen
12th October 2007, 07:21 AM
When you have time and he sit down photos please enjoy him and take each day has it comes
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Cleo's Person
12th October 2007, 05:09 PM
Congratulations!!!! He's lovely. I'm so glad to hear you found a pup eventually! :)