• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

good books to read?

sunshinekisses

Do you have a favorite book about cavaliers? Or can you recommend a good book with information about cavaliers? I want to build my library. :)

If you can find a copy, the Evelyn Booth book, "All about Cavalier King Charles Spaniels" is a must own, Evelyn Booth, otherwise known as Lady Forward, was married to the late president of the CKCS parent club in the UK. Another good one is "Cavalier King Charles Spaniel's Today" by Sheila Smith of the famous Salador Kennels.

Our public libraries sold off the Lady Forwood books at 10p each or part of a 'bagful for £1' offer.

The blenheim on the cover of Shiela Smith's book was my Izzy's father.

If you want old photos, not printed in any other book, then Margaret Workman's book is for you. I dont know the actual title, but someone will.

Last edited:
Our public libraries sold off the lady forward books at 10p each or part of a 'bagful for £1' offer.

The blenheim on the cover of Shiela smith's book was my Izzy's father.

If you want old photos, not printed in any other book, then Margaret Workman's book is for you. I dont know the actual title, but someone will.

After a quick rummage under my bed (Don't ask!!) I can reliably inform you that apart from needing to vacuum under there tomorrow, the Margaret Workman book is titled "The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel"!! (y) There is also the John Evans book too, from the Alansmere Kennel.

After a quick rummage under my bed (Don't ask!!) I can reliably inform you that apart from needing to vacuum under there tomorrow,
LOL...I can totally relate!

Thanks for the suggestions...keep it coming, Amazon here I come!

Good Books to Read

Could I just mention that Evelyn Booth and Lady Forwood are two different ladies ,in fact Evelyn Booth was affectionately known by older Cavalier Breeders ,as Mrs Cavalier .

Her Affix was Millstone
Lady Forwood's Affix was Eyeworth

Another great Cavalier Book to read with so much information ,is

THE CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL
Author
BRUCE FIELD

There is also my absolute favorite "The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: In Fact and Fancy" by Barbara Wilson of Laughing Cavaliers. It's available through her website.

I was looking on our bookshelves in the office; we have accumulated a lot more books than I thought! It looks like we have all the books mentioned above. Oh wait, here's one that wasn't mentioned: "Canine and Feline Theriogenology"!! Must be one Kris bought.

I have just read My Life With George by Judith Summers
Surviving Life with the king of the Canines it is very good funny in places and sad in places
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

I want to read that book but ill wait till its in paperback,hate paying over £10 for a book lol (work in a discount bookstore and our book are not over £4.99 lol)

Back