PDA

View Full Version : Puppy update

Bruce H
14th October 2007, 01:37 PM
Am I ever bad at taking pictures and updating!! Anyway I have a few pictures I took yesterday of the 3 litters of puppies. They are about 12 weeks old now and have started going to their new homes. All except the B & T's that is.Seems we have a combination of a bad economy and people don't like B & T's as much as bleinheims. Not a single B & T has a home yet :(. Where we used to get 6 to 12 calls a week asking about puppies, now its maybe 1 or two. And everyone is looking for a bargain basement puppy. Hope things pick up soon.

At any rate, here are a few pictures, hope you enjoy them.

One of my favorites of the B & T's with mom, the tri, looking on
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2269/1567592803_977b0b8301.jpg

We're sure there's something here
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2219/1568478862_408edd7437.jpg

Be very, very quiet (in my best Elmer Fudd voice). Our victim will never see us under the tree! There is also a B & T under there.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/1567596313_71408f8868.jpg

The attack is on!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2013/1567593425_09aa45fa6e.jpg

No one is safe!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2186/1567600575_95446eac0d.jpg

Charleen
14th October 2007, 04:11 PM
Black & Tan cavaliers are my favorite color! :luv: I can't believe no one is interested in your precious B&T puppies. They don't know what they are missing.

jld
14th October 2007, 04:53 PM
Oh, Bruce they are all so beautiful......thanks so much for posting pictures. A great way to start the day. Judy and Dixie

Rj Mac
14th October 2007, 05:27 PM
Bruce they are looking good, cant believe nobody wants the B&T`s

Wrap them up and ship them to us we will take care of them!!!!:D:D:D

lisa

mhabca
15th October 2007, 07:39 AM
Bruce, if we lived closer, I'd take one in a heartbeat. Can't believe no one has spoken for them yet.

sunshinekisses
15th October 2007, 12:04 PM
Oh MY!!!! I love your puppies, I cannot believe nobody wants your black and tans...send them all to me!!!

Cathryn
15th October 2007, 01:55 PM
I'll happily have one as well! :lotsaluv: Can't believe they haven't got homes yet :eek: what's wrong with people? :confused:

Eeva
15th October 2007, 02:37 PM
Such cuties! I'd love a b&t, what a shame you are so far away!:cry*ing:

Sue.k
15th October 2007, 03:01 PM
Brilliant pictures :luv:

Karlin
15th October 2007, 05:19 PM
I love that puppy sneak attack! :lol:

I'd take all the B&Ts too; I really like them. I regularly see posts from people in the US trying to FIND B&Ts -- as they are so much harder to find. I sure hope they all find their special homes soon. :)

Celticharmony
15th October 2007, 05:51 PM
Ah, they are so lovely and how I wished I lived near you as I would so willingly take a little B&T as I am seeking a healthy one right now. Wishing you luck that these darling doggies will soon find loving homes.

katc10
16th October 2007, 01:41 AM
That b&t with the white nose is the cutest!

jcj528
16th October 2007, 02:51 PM
Nobody wants a black and tan? What are people thinking. I want a black and tan so badly, I can hardly think. If I had the resources I'd be on a plane to Minnesota today to pick mine out. I just don't, that's all.

Lynn
16th October 2007, 03:27 PM
They are so beautiful Bruce! I told my dh about the B&Ts and he said 'let's go!' (meaning drive out) and I do think he was serious.....BUT right now we have this 'perfect' pair and the mix is right...easy to take places...it is just not the time for us. I'm scared to change the dynamic because it is soooooooooo good right now. One day I do hope we can take that drive out there though.

Karlin
17th October 2007, 01:04 AM
Oh, Lynn, three is even MORE fun than two... :lol: Even more ways for them to play together and what I like best is I can take one dog out for some one on one time (which is important to do or they become too interdependent) and can leave two together at home. I never was happy doing this with two, and leaving one alone. Go on, drive! :drivecar:

:lol:

jld
17th October 2007, 04:08 AM
I absolutely agree with Karlin about having 3. We have 3 and I do the same as Karlin. I take one on a walk, or with me in the car, and the other two stay at home and don't go beserk because they have been left behind by themself.... Go for ir...Judy and Dixie

Lynn
17th October 2007, 03:55 PM
:confused: ohhhh I wish I had a crystal ball and could peer into the future and see what 3 would really be like. I go into an almost panick attack whenever we HAVE to leave the pups home alone (together) so mostly I take them with me. I think I would have to get over the insanity of panicking over leaving them alone before I got another. BUT on the flip side, a 3rd would come to a home with a full time in-home mum...and a fenced in back yard.....and a daddy that adores his 2 precious pups.

I guess it is something to think about...

Cavfan
23rd October 2007, 12:07 PM
I cant beleive people want bargain basement pups- they dont deserve a cavalier if thats the case. Those are so beautiful wish I could pop over there to get one!

Barb B
14th November 2007, 08:44 AM
Star is wondering if those black and tan puppies still live with you. She has her "cousin" visiting this week (my sister-in-law's tri) and she likes bossing him around. Of course, Star will just turn one on December 1, and Chaucer is nearly four years old. Go figure...

Lisa_T
14th November 2007, 12:24 PM
Barb, your sig is hilarious.

Bruce.... I do hope some of those pups have homes by now. I think maybe it is that people think 'Cavalier' and think of Blenheims.... but how can anyone resist a BT pup?! Actually, though, Amber was the only ruby in a BT litter. The little BT girls found homes quickly, but the BT boy didn't. As far as I know he was still at the breeder's at 6 months. He was such a snuggly cuddly boy too!

Bruce H
14th November 2007, 01:08 PM
Hi Barb, nice to hear from you! So how is Star doing? Bossing around other dogs, is she? Sounds like one something out of our girls!!

We still have B & T's here, we may have them around for a while. I think Lisa T is correct, so many people think Cavalier and automatically think Blenheim. Oh well, more to love!

Lisa T: I too have always liked Barb's sig. And I also like yours; W.C. has always been one of my favorite old time comedians. My other favorite quote was from Stan Laural in Way Out West; he said "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.". Made no sense, but (in my warped sense of humor) was hilarious.

TillyTommy
14th November 2007, 04:58 PM
Hello Bruce - I am orginally from St. Paul Minnesota but living in England now! If I were home I would help you out having said that I just got a little black and tan girl and she is beautiful! That now makes 3!! But I agree with the other comments - I can take one out and leave 2 behind. Its lovely and working well for me but must add all my friends think I am out of my mind getting a third Cavi.
Someone said B/T are harder to get ahold of in England but not sure if this is true or not. I am just short a Ruby!!:)

seamus_d
15th November 2007, 04:50 AM
I haven't posted for a long time. I am waiting for the dogs to complete their last potty run and thought I'd check in w/ cavaliertalk. I was lucky enough to purchase a black & tan little boy from Kris and Bruce last week. We named him Angus and he is beyond adorable. I have a nearly 2 year old tri named Seamus and they are getting along fantastically. All the puppies at Bruce's were adorable....I think B&T's have the cutest faces. It was hard to pick just one!!

Bruce H
15th November 2007, 01:06 PM
Glad to hear Angus is doing well. We were so happy that you decided to adopt, you are the perfect family for him. Hope his potty training is going OK; although it should help to have Seamus there to help show him what to do. Did Angus and Seamus get along OK when he first got home? I hope he is eating OK, he suer was a little pig when he was here!

Sorry for all the questions, I always seem to worry about the puppies way more than I should. Be sure to post some pics of the two of them.

Cathy T
15th November 2007, 04:46 PM
Hey Mary - congratulations on your new puppy!! Of course we are all wildly jealous that you now have a Bruce pup!! Would love to see a picture of Seamus and Angus together. You lucky dog!!

seamus_d
15th November 2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Bruce-
He is a eating like a champ (everything he can get his paws on)! He has already figured out where the treats are on the kitchen counter and sits there waiting w/ Seamus after he goes outside. Unbelievably- he has only had one accident in the house. I am afraid I am jinxing myself but I think we maybe nearly finished w/ potty training. He slept w/ me last night w/out incident (or accidents).

Seamus and Angus are fast friends- they are constantly together. It was a little dicey when we first brought him home...just kept an eye on them and by Sunday it was worked out between them. We truly adore him, I will post pictures of the two boys. I will send you and Kris pictures of him as he grows. I suspect he is going to be a handsome, big boy!!

seamus_d
15th November 2007, 07:12 PM
Here are a few pictures of my boys:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2021/2034333473_8655c7e94a.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2167/2035133238_bd719bff8e.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2088/2034334157_9ebbc370bb.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2377/2034335697_4bd724588f.jpg

Angus is about 16 weeks old and Seamus is nearly 2. I am nuts about them! Mary

Kerry and Bentley
15th November 2007, 08:08 PM
Great pictures!!!!

<Sigh> I want a new puppy!!! Send them out to California, Bruce! Bentley would love a friend :)

Charleen
15th November 2007, 08:38 PM
Angus is a real cutie. He and Seamus look good together. :snap:

Mimi
19th November 2007, 09:59 PM
Hi Bruce ,
Wish you were in Ireland , could do with a B&T to complete the colours . Mind you i'd have to move out first , Rua is still a handfull but a very loveable one . I dont understand why people dont just love the B&T's . I sure do , mind you if a cavalier was pink and yellow I'd love it to bits .
Mimi

Nicki
20th November 2007, 11:35 AM
Hmmm there's a thought, pink and yellow - maybe we should change the breed standard LOL

Angus is really cute, I love his milky white chin! Seamus is putting on a very long suffering expression there!

Cathy T
20th November 2007, 04:31 PM
What cuties they are! I'm with Nicki, Seamus has such an expression! They are both adorable!

Karlin
20th November 2007, 08:00 PM
They are a beautiful pair! :)

seamus_d
20th November 2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks for all your kind comments. Seamus is definitely long suffering...Angus has infinite energy and wants to play w/ Seamus constantly. I also have an 11 year old Newfie who has decided the best course of action is to completely ignore the puppy. I can't believe I am saying this but I can see the day in the future w/ 3 Cavaliers in my family!!! Mary

Bruce H
21st November 2007, 12:42 AM
:lol::lol:
Sounds like a typical puppy! If we could harness puppy energy, we wouldn't have an energy problem; we need to gigure out how to connect puppies to electrical generators. Remember also that Angus was used to being around all his littermates AND all our adults! He'll calm down a bit as he gets older.........I hope. Glad that he's doing good and let the other dogs know that it's OK to discipline him if he gets too pesky.

Barb B
21st November 2007, 06:41 AM
Star's "cousin" Chaucer has been visiting for 12 days now; we bring him back home tomorrow. It's great to have two dogs in the house - we'll have a hard time adjusting after Thanksgiving! Star is a funny little thing - the most submissive dog in the world when we are out of the house. But when we are in the house, she's Little Miss Bossy Boots. Toys, chew sticks, food, people - they all belong to her exclusively!

I told my husband that Star needs a sister for Christmas, he is still in shock...:yikes